Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been on several different medications ten

Customer Question

I have been on several different medications for about ten years. None of them seem to do the trick for me. Right now I am on Nefazadone 200 mg., Wellbutrin200 mg., Risperdol two 0.5., Temazapam (21mg). I have been working with these and many other medications for years and nothing is right. I still CRY everyday. Can I get help?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She says I am bipolar and I do have lots of ups and downs daily.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello I am so sorry that your treatment has still been ineffective for you despite all the medications you have been taking. The good news is that Bipolar Disorder is very manageable with the right medication regimen, so you have a good chance of living a well-adjusted life again. If you have a Bipolar Disorder than your doctor is going to need to take you off the Wellbutrin and Nefazodone right now since those medications can make the symptoms of Bipolar Disorder worse. Instead your doctor should consider adding a mood stabilizer like Lithium or Depakote to your regimen as these are very effective mood stabilizers to treat Bipolar Disorder. In addition, your doctor should also consider adding a fast acting benzodiazepine like Klonopin to your regimen to help lessen your overall stress and anxiety during the day. Temazepam is a benzodiazepine, but it very weak and only used as a sleep aid. And lastly your doctor may want to either increase your Risperdal dose or switch you to another atypical antipsychotic medication that would be helpful with your symptoms. If you primarily have depressive symptoms and infrequent Mania/Hypomania symptoms than usually switching from Risperdal to Latuda would be helpful as the combination of Latuda and a mood stabilizer is very effective in lessening depressive symptoms.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. I truly wish you all the best with your treatment regimen adjustments, and I hope they lessen your symptoms very soon. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
*If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate it if you can provide me with a positive rating so that I can receive credit for helping you today. Thank you