Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My mom is grounding me because I put my binder in her work

Customer Question

My mom is grounding me because I put my binder in her work desk, I know this sounds very silly, but knowing my mom you would understand more as to why she gets angered easily. She screams at me to remove the binders, I know this sounds extremely petty, and I myself do not consider this normal, so I say okay. She then scream that If I don't move it in five seconds she will take my phone. I'm really sick and tired of her at this point, so I respond in a temperamental way, she snatches my phone from my hand and tells me I'm not allowed to attend a concert I have tickets to this weekend. I being to cry and she antagonizes me for that, it's always a lose-lose situation with her. This all happened Monday night, and she has refused to give me my phone back and I haven't been able to leave my house. Today is Friday, this is my first week of summer vacation, and Im going insane sitting in the house missing out while my friendscare out having fun. We get into a larger argument the next day and she threatens to kill me, I kjow she's not really going to do it because my mom is kind of crazy and says a lot of things when she's mad. When I attmept to leave, she threatens to call 911 and send me to juvenile so I'm forced to stay while she antagomizes me the whole week. I hold my tongue the whole week and try to be as polite as possible... Hoping that in a couple days I'll get my phone back. She claims that she can't give it back until she speaks with my dad whom has even advocated for me on getting my phone back and she screamed at him... I really don't know what to do right now and Im tired of living like this... Am I crazy? Do you also realize how frustrating this situation can be? Please help, I've had no one to speak with for four days.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm starting to wonder If its even worth living in this house with her. I know I will have no where to go also. If I ever even mention the fact that I want to kill myself she'd call me psycho and send me straight to st. Vincent so I have to play it cool liked I'm not bothered, but im getting to the point where I can't gold in my emotions anymore and it's not mentally healthy for me to live here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michelle-mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Michelle and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of the Experts?
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question.
Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.
Thank you,
Michelle~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, do you still require assistance?