Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am a 49 year old single female with a very supportive

Customer Question

Hi I am a 49 year old single female with a very supportive family who feels she cannot cook I cook for myself and every so often for my parents but not for entire family gatherings I usually will take them out to eat due to the fact I am trying to finish
school clinicals am I a bad person
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. I understand that you feel you are a bad person for not cooking for the entire family, but this does not make you a bad person at all. Sometimes individuals only want to cook for themselves or for a small group of people, not an entire family gathering and that is your choice. Also maybe you do not feel as confident in your cooking ability to cook for the entire family either, so you are just acknowledging your limitations. And you also know that you are busy finishing your school work, so you do not have the time to cook for the entire family. Overall you are definitely not a bad person at all and you should not think of yourself as bad with regard to this situation.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. If I answered your question satisfactorily I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much