Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Mr karyn I,m precious, am a month pregnant fiance

Customer Question

Hello Mr karyn
I,m precious, am a month pregnant for my fiance and our wedding is in 3 months time, we where joking and i jokingly told him that my pregnancy wasn't his and he took it very serious and demanded to know who owns my pregnancy,i didn't expect that from him cause we have been trying to conceive for a year and it finally happened he called me twice i didn't take the call cause i was angry, he hasn't called me since then. I really need your advice
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, Karyn is not an active expert on this website so I will be assisting you today. I am sorry that you are having this issue with your fiance, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. I understand that you are looking for advice, but since this is primarily a Q&A website what exactly is your mental health question concerning this situation?
2. How long have you two not been talking to each other?
3. Does your fiancé typically over-react in situations like this? And if so how does the situation typically resolve afterwards?
4. Did you try to explain to him that you were only joking and if so how did he respond?
5. Does your fiance have an anger problem?