Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I need a renewed letter service animal, the airline

Customer Question

I need a renewed letter for my service animal, the airline just told me they won't take my old one from my therapist because it is 13 months old. What do I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) or documentation you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
I am very sorry that you are having this difficulty with the airline over your emotional support animal, I can understand how frustrating this can be for you. Because this website cannot provide you with a letter or any otherwise documentation for your emotionally support animal, I am wondering have you contacted your old therapist for a new letter? Or have you found a new therapist that could write the letter for you?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have called her and she is hasn't responded yet. It is a service animal NOT an emotional support dog.

HUGE difference. 2 years of schooled training for the animal to assist me.

Is there an online resource that could do this as there is a limited timeline before I miss my flight?

As a constant traveler this is something Ive never experienced even though my dog has travelled with me and flown hundreds of times.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I do not believe there is no online service that will provide you with the appropriate documentation needed to certify your animal as a "service animal," so I will just opt out and allow another expert to possibly help you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.