Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My wife is blaming me when I have not done anything

Customer Question

My wife is blaming me for everything when I have not done anything wrong, but she acts normally to people outside the home. I went to our family doctor and he dismissed my concerns because she is so normal around him. I don't know where to go from here.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your wife, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. You did not pose a question in your description, so may I ask what is your specific mental health question that you require assistance with?
2. For how long has your wife been behaving in this manner?
3. So if your wife would not seek out counseling, do you think she would compromise and participate in couples counseling with you present?