Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My great aunt passed away on 5/6/15. OKMH518211

Customer Question

My great aunt passed away on 5/6/15. Before her passing, I've been struggling with fatigue, being motivated, depression, and energy. Since my aunts passing, I've noticed I'm becoming more despondent. It's harder for me to get anything done at work - I
just want to do mindless work such as scanning. Doing anything more that requires my attention I just keep putting off. I get angry quickly and just as quickly I feel like crying because I got angry for no (or stupid) reasons. I'm taking everything said to
me the wrong way and I take actions always in the wrong way (a friend didn't answer my phone call for three days and we normally talk every other day, so I began to think she was mad at me). I can't tell if this is stress, depression, or my grief. I am scared
of going to a counselor because the last one I went too was in 2006 and he merely kept throwing pills at me and it never solved any of my issues. When I was hospitalized, the nurses weren't very nice and caused me to sink further into the belief I was a burden
on everyone. I also live in a small town and it would hurt the family business if it got out that I was seeing a counselor due to mental issues again. What do I do? How can I grieve properly without hurting the family business and get back to doing my job?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
have you seen a doctor at all?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No like I said I am fearful of the consequences - being put back on meaningless drugs that do not do anything or being hospitalized
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
I will opt out for a mental health expert
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
meaning?
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 years ago.
meaning I opted out for another expert to help you