Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My sister never resolved her issues with our mother & I did.

Customer Question

My sister never resolved her issues with our mother & I did. She always accuses me of "being just like Mom". Actually I am a lot like her and look like her. If I am doing " mom" thing, in her opinion, she speaks rudely to me, or huffs off, & won't talk to me until she is ready, and the accuses me of always being angry. She is 72 & I am 68, & ready for this crap to stop!
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.
Hello, I am sorry that you are having this issue with your sister, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you.
1. You did not pose a question in your description, so may I ask what is your exact mental health question that you would like assistance with?
2. Since you cannot change your sister’s behavior, only she can, have you thought about breaking off contact or limiting it to avoid these confrontations by her?
3. If you live near your sister, do you think she would be willing to undergo joint therapy with you to help resolve this issue?