Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My boyfriend of 3yrs, is i think suffering depression. He

Customer Question

My boyfriend of 3yrs, is i think suffering depression.
He has been divorced for 3yrs now, had a difficult split. He had already separate d, when we met. He hss a demanding job, the divorce was difficult, he is studying for work, had money, and family problems. One night his brother came round to my house, bawling n shouting, from that night there has been a big change in him. He rang me, told me hed left a note and driven to a remote place. That scared me. Now he iseemotionally shut down, and we have no physical closeness at all. Its so painful for me. How do i deal with this
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello, I believe I may be able to help you with your concern. I am sorry that you are having this issue with your partner, I can understand how distressing this can possibly be for you. I would like to ask you a few questions to get a better idea of what you are looking for, so that I can better assist you. 1. I understand that you are asking how you can deal with this, but the psychological issues rest with your partner, so is your partner willing to get help for his possible Depression? 2. If he does not get the help that he needs are you willing to leave the relationship and possibly undergo therapy for yourself to help you heal?