Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

what resource/book can a recommend for a verbally abusive/physically

what resource/book can a recommend for a verbally abusive/physically abusive boyfriend to read?

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry that your boyfriend has been abusive to you, but that is good that he is willing to work on it, but I do want to mention that a self-help book, while valuable, does not take the place of therapy, so the books are limited.

Dr. Z :

But since you asked here are a good list of books for your boyfriend, give me a minute to pull them up for you

Dr. Z :

I also would like to recommend this therapy worksheet that I use with patients for anger-management to help them express their anger in a more assertive and appropriate manner

Dr. Z :

Also this website has a lot of useful techniques that can help manage symptoms of stress and anxiety, which can often lead to anger and abuse.

Customer:

Although I know the road hasn't really begun other than him agreeing to work on it, I feel so much relief just getting these recommendations! Thank you so much!

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I happy to help. I wish you and your boyfriend all the best and I hope he can be able to control this anger/abuse. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Before you sign off though, I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much