Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

I used to be prescribed xanax by a family doctor. I am currently

I used to be prescribed xanax by a family doctor. I am currently without insurance and need to get a refill for my xanax meds. Without having insurance I can't afford to visit my doctor or pay for the meds. Is there any way you can help me get a refill on my xanax. I have to have them and it's not something I abuse. I take them as prescribed. I'd appreciate your help if possible. Please let me know ASAP. Thank you for your time.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I may be able to help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

Unfortunately this website does not allow for physicians to prescribe medications online at this time, and the websites that do Electronic Prescriptions are not allowed to prescribe Xanax as it is a Controlled Substance and that cannot be prescribed online according to the FDA.

Dr. Z :

But I can link you to some websites that can help you get your prescription at a low cost or even for free because you have no insurance.

Customer: Ok what can you refer me too? Is it legal cause I don't wanna get in trouble. Thanks
Dr. Z :

Yes those websites are legal, and they are non-profit organizations meant to help individuals like yourself with no insurance.