Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

We are looking for a clinic that can assess our adult daughter.

We are looking for a clinic that can assess our adult daughter. She has been diagnosed as bi-polar, has muscular dystrophy and is beginning menopause! We feel she need a complete mental and physical evaluation. She does not live in an area where this type of treatment is available. She has been hospitalized 4 times in the past for mental health issues. A clinic somewhere in the southwest would be ideal. Thank you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

May I ask what state do you live in, so I can search in that state first and then expand from there if I have to

Customer:

We live in Colorado. The daughter is in New Mexico. Anywhere in the SW is acceptable.

Dr. Z :

Well there is a great Clinic/Hospital in Texas that is ranked in the Top 5 of Psychiatric Hospitals in the U.S. It is called the Menninger Clinic and they can do a complete psychiatric and physical assessment on your daughter. Here is a link to their website.

Customer:

Thank you. Is there anything in the Denver or Salt Lake City area?

Dr. Z :

Sure let me take a look for you and pull up the links

Dr. Z :

So this is one in Utah is also nationally ranked that can help you daughter.

Dr. Z :

And here is one in Denver I used to intern at that is very good as well

Customer:

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX check them out. appreciate the suggestions.

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.