Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I am a caregiver - and sort of but not really anymore

I am a caregiver - and sort of but not really anymore - girlfriend / fiancee of a schizophrenic, I don't think I can continue to be his caregiver / practically mother. But how do I live with the fact that he has no family support and if I kick him out - try to find group home etc but he ends up in jail or dead. If I kick him out, he will revert bad to smoking pot to cope. His Haldol works great (sort of) but needs to be reduced. I've lost a business, tons of $$ and my life taking care of him. He now simply ignores me, masturbates and doesn't touch me. It's like I'm an isolated mother/caregiver and I can't take it anymore. We were going to start going to NAMI support groups Monday night but he's now obsessed with teen porn. I cannot handle this anymore. How do I transition him out of my life w/o out feeling terrible guilt should he end up in prison. He does not know how to function in the world without me. I've lost so much helping him. I have no life... :( what do I do? His family cannot help him as they are very poor and believe he does not need medication, just prayer. However last Christmas night I had to take him to the hospital and he was in for 38 days for threatening to kill children, his family...and me first. When he's okay, he's the most chill, stable, reasonable guy in the world. But he does NOTHING to support my emotional well-being. Do I deserve a life? How do I handle this?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

can we talk on the phone?

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

running to the restroom brb

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you with this question. Please give me a few moments to look it over thoroughly.

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

There's WAY more to it. I can't handle it anymore, that's why phone would be easier

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I would certainly prefer it on the phone but JustAnswer does not permit it and the computers will block the phones.

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

my phone number is XXXXX I just need somebody to talk to

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Block the phone numbers from being transmitted unless they allow a special dispensation which they offer.

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

how do we talk on the phone?

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

what do I need to do?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your number was blocked and came though to me as XXX-XXX-XXXX

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

XXXXX X XXXXX- XXXXXX XXXXX X - XXXXX XXX XXXX XXXX

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

As I said, I would prefer the phone but it cannot be done here. Sometimes they allow it.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you accept an answer, sometimes they allow it.

JACUSTOMER-scxsf7rc- :

please yes

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thank you so much. May God bless you. Remove this man from your life. You deserve a better life.

41588.0181372569