Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I live in Florida and I have a daughter that lives in Charleston,

Customer Question

I live in Florida and I have a daughter that lives in Charleston, S.C. She has a serious heroin addition. She has told me that she can't live like that any more and wishes she was dead. She has no money and I am on a limited income. She is 36 years old. What can I do to help her, we are both desperate.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I may be able to help you regarding your daughter

Dr. Z :

It is very difficult to find low-cost/affordable drug rehabilitation centers for your daughters as they rarely advertise and some are few and far a part, so the distance is a big issue

Dr. Z :

But the very best resource to help your daughter would be to contact National Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Center hotline, so they can direct your daughter to low cost facilities near her that can help her with treatment.

Dr. Z :

Also your daughter may benefit from a prescription of suboxone, which helps with Opiate Addiction, but because she may not be able to afford the prescriptions these websites can provide medications at a low cost or for free because she has no money nor insurance most likely

Dr. Z :

Do you have any questions or concerns so far?

Dr. Z :

May I ask why you rated me with poor service or are you having difficulty seeing the chat?