Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I need a psychiatrist today What do I do having anxiety attacks???

Customer Question

I need a psychiatrist today What do I do having anxiety attacks??? GAD disorder since I was a teen Please respond thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about your situation. Have you already contacted your psychiatrist?

Customer :

Yes He refused to help or give me meds for anxiety

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know that. This should be very frustrating and overwhelming for you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Did he prescribe these medications for you before?

Customer :

Not this doctor But the one before him did not have any problem with giving me meds I am not assured I can se him again though

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see. You have two options here. One is that the doctor who was prescribing you these medications is liable to refill medication until you get necessary treatment by new provider. If your new provider refuses to do it, regardless of knowing you need and having been using these medications, then you should immediately file a report and request to be transferred to another doctor, and in the mean time, to get a new refill of your medication since you cannot afford waiting without them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The second option is to request a new doctor, as soon as possible an try to get immediate support online thorough a physician who works in your state. They would be able to assess you and to prescribe medication as necessary after assessment.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Then can provide you with a prescription online, it's called telehealth, and as long as you get evaluation from them and meet medical need criteria, they would be able to set a prescription for you to get it at a local pharmacy.

Customer :

I do not know what to do Please guide me to a dt online and I will follow through I cannot depend on either doctor for sure right now and I am suffering from with drawl from being weaned off Klonopin right now

Customer :

do I type in telehealth?

Customer :

I am confused

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is the link to the website offering these services: http://www.memd.me/

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Go directly to this link and create and account there.

Customer :

I am hoping one day to see a holistic dr to geet off meds if I can and I am going to get talk therapy soon

Customer :

thank you anymore info u can give me??

Customer :

or encouragement??

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Also remember that you could always try to go to an Urgent Care unit and request a limited refill for your medication until you get your next appointment with a supportive physician.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am an integral psychotherapist and am willing to support you with psychotherapy or counseling as much as possible...

Customer :

I live in Sanford Florida

Customer :

centra Care?????

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

through a confidential interface. I do agree with you, and this is why I support many clients who want to rehabilitate from their addicition to this and other similar psychiatric drugs. They are very powerful and could damage your body and mind in the long term, that's why rehabilitation is built through psychological treatment and not through the use of these drugs in my opinion.

Customer :

They will NOT give controlled substances

Customer :

on this site

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Just follow their instructions, creating an account or directly calling them and they would assist you with medication as needed. http://www.memd.me/how-it-works/ 1-855-636-3669

Customer :

I do NOt know what to do

Customer :

I am having withdrwl from the weaning off of Klonopin

Customer :

They WillNOT prescribe controlled substances

Customer :

on that site

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please go to your local hospital urgent care unit with your prescription medication bottles and tell them you need a refill for a few days until you get to see your doctor.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There is no website that would prescribe certain medication unless they happened to have met you at least once face-to-face, specially when it is about addictive psychiatric drugs.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is your doctor the one responsible to provide necessary medical treatment for you to be able to rehabilitate from this or any other drug or to refer you to a program where you could get this support while prescribing necessary medication that woudl allow you to control anxiety and withdrawal symptoms.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Customer :

yes but I need to get it now and see a dr

Customer :

waiting on one to call me

Customer :

These doctors are givng out drugs too freely or NOt enough I am caught in the crossfire A big mess

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

then please directly go to the urgent care of your local hospital, that would be the fastest way to do it. Request a change of primary care physician or better a referral to a psychiatrist and to a rehabilitation program for you to be able to truly end the use of this very powerful drug. Since the more you use it, the bigger the damage it would create, that's why you need other medication, less addictive and to commit to psychotherapy to truly rehabilitate from the anxiety disorder and from the addiction.

Customer :

I will be sitting there for hoursssss

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It is truly frustrating but there is nothing else you can do but to push the system until you get the support you need and deserve.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I would leave your question open for other experts to reply, in order to see if there are other alternatives I do not know that could help you get necessary medical support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I truly hope you get the support you need. I will opt out the question for other experts to reply.

Customer :

thanks

Customer :

I wish there was something else I could take Looking for someone now

Customer :

Any more info that might help is welcome

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Hello I believe I may be able to help you with your concern regarding this. I am so sorry that you are experiencing these severe withdrawal symptoms associated with the Klonopin. Klonopin is a very strong benzodiazepine and one of the hardest in this class of medications to successfully taper off of. So there are a few options that you can discuss with a doctor or your psychiatrist, of course from reading what you wrote it appears that there is difficulty in seeing your psychiatrist or another medical doctor at this time for you. Some psychiatrists will use Carbamazepine, which is an anti-convulsant medication, to help you taper off the Klonopin as some studies showed that it helps reduce the withdrawal symptoms associated with discontinuation of the Klonopin and other benzodiazepines, but these studies have mixed results, still it is an option.

The preferred method though would be a withdrawal schedule from Dr. Ashton, who is the world's leading expert in this area. This tapering schedule in the link I will post below can help you successfully wean off of the Klonopin with minimal withdrawal effects. One of the keys to this withdrawal schedules though is that you must switch to Valium as this is a much easier benzodiazepine to successfully wean from, so it will be an easier adjustment for you and your body.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm#s6

If you show a doctor or your psychiatrist this schedule and that you want to follow this schedule to taper off the Klonopin, hopefully it will convince them to give you a limited supply of the Klonopin and then switch you to the Valium at a gradual pace to avoid serious withdrawal symptoms.

I hope this helps give you some guidance on what you can do to help relieve these withdrawal symptoms and a direction on how to taper off of this very physically addicting medication successfully. If you have any questions or concerns at all, please feel free to ask at anytime as I am willing to help you in anyway possible.