Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have been

Customer Question

I have been seeing a woman for 2 months... I have
known her since our childhood but we weren't really close and haven't seen her in years. last weekend while she was in las vegas I got involved in a sexting conversation with another woman that included pics. she found out and we are no longer together... why would I do this when I do have very deep feelings for her?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am sorry that you had this falling out with the woman you were dating, I can understand how this can be distressing and hurtful for you

Dr. Z :

May I ask, have you ever exhibited this behavior with another woman while in a relationship before?

Dr. Z :

Also may I ask do you or have you ever had issues with low self-confidence?

Dr. Z :

So typically when this happens, most likely you enjoyed the attention and also you felt attracted to this other woman and that probably increased your hormones to a level where you were not thinking logically and instead were just thinking about the moment. Many individuals (men and women) like when we receive attention from the opposite sex as it makes us feel good and inflates our ego, so that is probably what happened here and then kept on escalating from innocent flirting to sexting.

Dr. Z :

So you are right that this woman does not mean anything to you compared to your ex-girlfriend and you were just in the moment and not thinking rationally and enjoyed the attention from this other woman

Dr. Z :

Do you have any questions or concerns?

Dr. Z :

I see that you rated Bad Service, may I ask why?

Dr. Z :

You can type anything that you like to ask for clarification