Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

Is there anywhere for someone with OKMH117100

Is there anywhere for someone with termnal illness can go and gets meds adjusted? There is none I know if in Arkansas. I am falling completely apart. My reg Doctor doesn't want to prescribe meds i've taken for years as he is afraid my liver will store them and dump them all at once. I was taking 1mg of xanax and Zoloft 100mg 1 x 2 daily. I also take Hydrocone for chronic pain. So I'm trying to deal with the stress off dying so young. There are no support groups for the dying person in 3 states I've checked. I can't get Home Health or other services I so need. My entire family has tossed me under the bus as if I'm already dead. There are no psychiatrists in surrounding areas, and I can't drive anyway. Well, there are those who belong to a group an the local mental hospital. These you go in for a short history and assessment. If they determine you are in need then they choose which psych you will see. You have no choice. We are not a communist country just yet, and I will choose my own doctors thank you. The 3 local places here do not bend, and changing them is a pill of which I have no energy to do so. My liver disease is from NASH as I have never been in a bar. The doctors want to take away my license, and there is no transportation out here in rural arkansas. Can you think of any way to get psych meds adjusted and not be exposed to the germs and staph infections in hospitals? And yet none of the health services provide transportation. There are no liver doctors in Arkansas, and my normal doctor is afraid as he doesn't know what interacts in a negative way with liver disease. Meanwhile, I cry all the time and finding my thoughts going in directions they haven't in a while. Thank you Carole

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

There are places and people in the state of Arkansas that can and WILL help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Here are some links to places that will be able to help your or hook you up with others who can:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

HOSPICE CARE ARKANSA

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.arkansashospice.org/

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Hospice and Palliative Care Association of Arkansas

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.hpcaa.org/

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

State list of hospice facilities in Arkansas

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://carearkansas.org/list04_arkansas_hospice_care.htm

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Arkansas Department Health List of Hospice Care

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.adhhomecare.org/hospice.htm

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Finally, there is a toll free number that will got you referrals to liver doctors all over the state. That number is:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

(1-866-915-4837)

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I hope that this information is helpful to you. You need all of the help and comfort and friendship that you can get.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I shall keep you in my prayers for healing and support and freedom from poain.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

freedom from pain

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC