Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I know people were following me, and I started to feel they

I know people were following me, and I started to feel they are going to kill me my family assure me in all in head but i can not shake it

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry that you are having this feeling that people are following you and trying to hurt you, I can imagine how distressing that can be for you

Dr. Z :

May I ask, who do you think is following you trying to hurt you?

Dr. Z :

And why does your family believe that this is "all in your head?"

Customer:

because something like this happen before but it was different

Dr. Z :

Can you describe how it was different and when did it happen before?

Customer:

abut 5 years before, but iknow ppl were watching me they did not say anything to me, but one day it seem like i was surround by some ppl. my sister tell me i think with the left side of my brains, i should look at it as ppl standing around

Dr. Z :

Is there a possibility that this may be in your head though?

Customer:

my head though please explain, i do not hear voices,

Dr. Z :

Well there is something called delusions which are false beliefs that you feel so strongly about something no matter what the evidence is contrary to it. For instance people following you can be a delusion or it can be real and there are actual people following you. Here is a link explaining a delusion in more detail for you

Dr. Z :

There are a variety of delusions, but you believe some people are following which creates fear/paranoia and can cause increasing anxiety/stress

Customer:

if it is true because these ppl could be bad ppl, i can get hurt

Dr. Z :

That is true, have you considered being evaluated by a psychologist or psychiatrist because if they are not true and are delusions like your family thinks you could be harming your mental health.

Dr. Z :

Either way these people that you believe are going to hurt you do cause you stress I imagine, so maybe some medication to help lower your anxiety would help you too

Dr. Z :

Or possibly have a therapist to talk about this too, there is no harm in talking about this with someone

Customer:

waiting on link

Dr. Z :

I already sent the link about delusions, but I will send it again if you like

Customer:

are we finished

Dr. Z :

No we are not finished yet, can you see the link now?

Dr. Z :

Are you able to see what i am typing?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Z :

Okay good, I just wanted to make sure because it looks like we may have had a technical issue there for a minute.

Dr. Z :

Does it make sense to possibly see a therapist to help with this issue to either help lessen the anxiety that you are feeling from these people or to make sure if it is a delusion or not?

Customer:

ok i read some of it, I will seek help, i just hope it not too late thank you

Dr. Z :

It is not too late at all, I think you will be fine. I wish you all best and I hope that these issues resolve soon for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Before you sign off though, I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much

Customer:

ok