Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

can a harm OCD develope into genuinely harming others? If someone

can a harm OCD develope into genuinely harming others? If someone is genuinely and in practice compelled to cause harm what is that condition called? The obsessive malice and violence seem to be a way of 'touching lamposts, to avoid doing something worse. Does such a condition exist.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

Give me a couple minutes to carefully read over your question, so that I can better assist you

Dr. Z :

Well there is subtype of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) where someone can have obsessions and compulsions to harm others and it usually requires intensive Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and also the use of medications for OCD and also medications to help control the anger/hostility which would be antipsychotics.

Dr. Z :

But from what you are describing there is also a possibility that this young man may have a personality disorder called Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD) which is very severe

Dr. Z :

The progressiveness of what you are describing and the "sadistic" description is alarming and leads to be believe that ASPD is a possibility and even possibly Psychopathy as well. Here are the criteria from the only reliable and accurate test to diagnose psychopathy. It is called Hare's Pscychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R).

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

are you typing? sorry if I am interrupting. Have you any suggestions as to how I should do this? Sorry slow typing - Parkinsons Disease

Dr. Z :

Many individuals with ASPD or Psychopathy feel compelled to cause harm but for selfish reasons and desires (personal gain) and know what they are doing is wrong, while someone with OCD to harm others know what they are doing is causing harm, but do not do it for selfish reasons or desires

Dr. Z :

Its okay I understand, you can take your time while typing.

Dr. Z :

This young man needs to get evaluated immediately by an assessment psychologist or psychiatrist as his behaviors can be linked to any of these three disorders I listed and the appropriate treatment will be determinant based on the diagnosis.

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

Should I speak to father? English Doctors? Police?

Dr. Z :

Speak to the father first and convince him about that this young man needs an evaluation and show him the links I sent you because I am more leaning towards ASPD and Psychopathy, and I am an expert when it comes to those disorders as I am a Forensic Psychologists so I specialize in them. And if the father will not listen, I hope he does though, then you may have to go to the police as this young man is in imminent threat to hurt others by your description and he will be involuntarily hospitalized and evaluated by a mental health professional.

Dr. Z :

These are some good books to understand this young man's behavior better too that you can recommend to the father.

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

Very difficult. The father seems completely reluctant to accept any possibility other than depression and becomes enraged or oblivious if such a suggestion is made. He even tries to pretend that he has written some the more demented emails himself - even though the styles are very different. May I show what you have written to him?

Dr. Z :

Sure you are more than welcome to show me

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

I meant may I show the father your advice? But I am happy to forward last emails if it could help. They share one device. Today's email to me says 'Its over for you fat pervert'

Dr. Z :

Yes you are more than welcome to show this chat to the father. Typically OCD behaviors to harm others do not include email conversations or delusional stories like you described because that takes a lot of forethought to plan out, while OCD is more impulsive with harm behaviors. This is another reason I believe that ASPD or Psychopathy is more likely

Dr. Z :

Also with ASPD, there is a frequent co-occurrence with Narcissist Personality Disorder (NPD) which can include manipulation, lying, selfishness, lack of empathy for others, etc... here is a good link describing the symptoms.

Dr. Z :

Also these books can be helpful too

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

I am sending Saturdays. As you see I had already taken steps to act in France.For me this note sent to day from the Duffy family has the authentic ring of a dangerous developing insanity, I must send it to the xxxx and the Magnac-Laval Gendarmerie National on Monday morning. xxx tells me it was from xxxx. No-one else has said anything.
I also send it to xxxx mother if I can find her address at the farm in Polegate. In my view he is not well and should be brought home as soon as possible. I have spent the whole day trying to reach xxxx. There is no good reason he refuses to reply. He has taken the telephone off the hook, as has Chris.

This is enough for me. It must now be a police matter, as will be the things and the money Christina has already confessed to stealing.
This is the letter I must send to the Gendarmerie and to the Mairie, (in my own brand of French):

J’ai attendu pendant trois semaines les efforts de M. James et M Michel Duffy, qu’ils m’ont fait leur promesse, depuis des semaines, a corriger leurs mensonges, leurs menaces, et tous les choses que vous avez deja bien entendu. Apres trois semaines, hier, j’ai répètes ces demandes. Voici leur réponse. Je vous envoie une copie. Je ne veut pas essayer le traduire. C’est de la folie, un vrai folie dangereuse et j’ai peur de revenir a ma maison sans l’assistance de la Gendarmerie . J’ai gagne soixante-sept ans et des maladies assez importants et incapacitantes. Avec Carte bleu des handicappe.D’un moment a l’autre.Des gens m’as dit, en plus, qu’il s’occupe dans la maison avec des drogues. Peut-etre ca change leur decisions? Ou leur mentalite?. D’un moment a l’autre? Je sais que le jeune J Duffy se trouve sur surveillance medicale en Angleterre, avec drogues pour ses problemes psychologique… Peut’etre il trouve qu’il les manque apres tous ces mois? C’etait son pere qui l’a invite, toujours sans mon accord. Il m’a souvent etonne que Christine Lambert de la Chateau de Jouac s’installe parmi ces types chaque soir et les accompagne aux bars etc.

I hope this will concentrate all your minds on your legal situations and the urgent need to clear up the cesspit of Jouac gossip and deceit and return to a decent society.
xxxhas given me a full acccount of the reasons for rescuing Chris from his troubles, I did it. Now xxx has ordered xxx to refuse to work as agreed. I will therefore not pay the second part, and will request the return of the first.
I do not see how xxxxxxx can have any future as a counsellor, even ‘with four employees' when the inevitable conviction for theft, admitted in writing, is known among her German clients.
I do not see any future for any plans anywhere involving either Duffy.
I do not see how Mdme the Mayor and her husband can escape the spotlight of truth and publicity turning on them.
I think you must all be mad.
I am aware of the possible hazards of my central position in these matters and will deposit a notarised account with lawyers. And a copy of all your various emails. These clearly show that I have told nothing other than the truth. None of you can say the same. My building plans and bills for the last eleven years, in Paris, and Jouac and in Eastbourne are in my accounts. All my taxes have been accepted and paid in full in the UK and France and are on record for the last thirty years or more.
Do consider this if any of you wish to threaten me in any way. What follows is a copy of the email I received this morning, unsigned, but presumably from one or other of the Duffys.

Here we go again.i
You f**king sad pathetetic, useless c**t.
She f**king hates you.
i have now found out what you told the french police, its f**king sick.
and there all laughing about it, they want to lock you up.
when will you realise they dont care what i say, they think your a sick bastard.
now your trying to play god in england. owe you money? you owe me money.
i am going to speak to colin and chris and tell them what you said to
the police.
i cant undo what you have done, the whole lot of them think your a
f**king discrace.
you asked for my help and i get this shit again, next you pretend your
ill ask some other mug.
i will come back to england when i decide, not you. shut your fat cake
hole, stop trying to be something your not. xxxxxxxxx does not want
anything to do with you, you have abused her.
xxxx and xxxxxx dont want to here anything about you, not even
mention your name to them.
have you got the picture??????????????

Dr. Z :

So while ASPD and NPD are very severe, Psychopathy is more magnified of these disorders and is very very severe and is a strong possibility, but that diagnosis can only be made by a trained psychologist with extensive training in the PCL-R like I mentioned earlier

Dr. Z :

Okay give me a few minutes to read this over

Dr. Z :

Alright I obviously do not know the people in this email, but this young man actually sounds more delusional than anything else and with delusions means that he is unpredictable in his behavior, another reason to get an evaluation.

Dr. Z :

Thank you for this email, this actually helps narrow things down more for me.

Dr. Z :

With this email, it is evident that this young man is suffering from delusions and persecutory ideations, which can mean that he may have a psychotic disorder called Delusional Disorder Persecutory Type, or possibly Schizophrenia, but that is unlikely as you would not notice if he was hearing voices or not (auditory hallucinations is very common with Schizophrenia).

Dr. Z :

So all of these disorders I listed are serious and I doubt that he has OCD related to this and most likely given the content of that email it is a psychotic disorder and needs treatment and antipsychotic medications immediately.

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

Am I in danger on their return? I feel I am and should perhaps speak to the police here in England as well. This evenings emails strongly suggest that I might be - now from the father as well! I promise I will ask no more questions after that. I thank you very sincerely.

Dr. Z :

It is easier to go to the police with these emails though as proof that he can be violent, is delusional, and has anger issues to a great degree. You can talk to the father about this, but he appears to be in denial, so I would suggest going to the police. You can ask me as many questions as you like too, I am here to help you and there is no time limit on this chat.

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

You are very kind but I am now exhausted and shaking so should stop. If I needed to ask for further advice is it possible to reach you? Thank you once again, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Z :

Yes you can reach me anytime, I would be more than happy to help you. You can do so by putting "For DoctorZ only" before you type your question or you can type the question at my homepage.

Dr. Z :

I am happy that I was able to help you tonight and I hope that this young man gets the treatment that he do desperately needs, but calling the police and protecting yourself is important right. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime. Before you sign off though, I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

Of course. Many thanks.

Dr. Z :

You are most welcome :)

Dr. Z :

Did resetting work?

JACUSTOMER-offipeva- :

Nothing works for me. An hour trying. See if paying again will help!

41582.0905278935
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.