Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

what is mirtazapine 30 mg tablets.is this a alzheirmers pill

what is mirtazapine 30 mg tablets.is this a alzheirmers pill is good for memorie like went the person cant remember names or need tohears more than once before cant remember it

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

Mirtazapine is not a medication used to treat Alzheimer's Disorder specifically as this medication is best used to treat symptoms of depression, anxiety, panic, etc...

Dr. Z :

This mediation will have no effect on your memories at all, but may be prescribed for individuals with Alzheimer's Disorder who are suffering from associated mood symptoms like depression and anxiety.

Dr. Z :

Here are some links describing more about Mirtazapine (Remeron) in more detail and to show that it's main use is as an antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication

Customer:

ok thank. sometime I get like confused/ depressed/ and memorie lost that may aneed some kind of vitamin formy memorie,

Dr. Z :

Well currently there is not medication to prevent memory loss from dementia, or Alzheimer's Disorder, but there is some evidence to suggest that Omega-3 (Fish Oil) can help to a degree, but the most important thing is to do activities with your brain like crossword puzzles, Sudoku, reading, etc....All of these types of activities have been shown to decrease memory loss in numerous studies, so I would encourage you to be active daily

Dr. Z :

And if you want take the Omega-3 as you can find it easily at the store and it will not harm you at all

Dr. Z :

Here are a look at some medications used for memory loss associated with Alzheimer's Disorder, although they do have mixed results.

Dr. Z :

And here are look at alternative supplements for you as well that you can buy at the store since you were interested in vitamins

Dr. Z :

Is there anything else I can assist you with?