Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am searching for information on the specific issue of husbands

I am searching for information on the specific issue of husbands who are emotionally and/or verbally abused by their wives. Do you have data or statistics on this issue?

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I want to make sure I understand you correctly regarding this issue you are asking about...you want to information and date on wives that are abusive to their husbands? Are you looking for official statistics by law enforcement or psychological studies?

Customer:

psychological studies

Dr. Z :

Okay give me a few minutes to look up the relevant data. There are probably only a few studies on this if any, most studies explore the husband to wife abuse, not the wife to husband abuse

Customer:

That's what I've found in my research....women victimized by men.

Dr. Z :

There are men out there that do get abused, but as you can imagine it is usually underreported to a greater degree than domestic violence from men to women (which is also under reported as well).

Dr. Z :

Here is one study that I found that appears to address this

Dr. Z :

This appears to be a doctoral paper on the subject, so it should have some good cited research that you can use.

Dr. Z :

Here is another study too that was done this year

Customer:

Okay. I knew that. I've found a few articles specifically on my topic: Husbands emotionally abused by wives or men emotionally abused by women.

Dr. Z :

So you just want the emotional abuse and verbal abuse

Dr. Z :

That may be slightly more difficult, but I will look and see

Customer:

Yes. Okay...this is good and should provide the basic research data I need to support my issue. Thank you. Will this information (web sites and papers) stay up so that I can copy?

Dr. Z :

Yes they will when you finish rating me, this chat will be sent as a link to your email, if it has not already, so you can always use it for future reference. In addition, this chat will be saved in your JA account under My Questions so you can always go back to it when you need to. So the links will always be there for you

Dr. Z :

This looks like an interesting article also and seems to describe some emotional abuse and controlling behavior in the abstract at least

Dr. Z :

Is there anything else I can do for you, or would you like me to continue looking for you?

Customer:

No. Good job. thanks much!