Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Anxious & Peru

Anxious & Peru

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

How are things?

Customer:

Hi Dr Z,
I honestly havent felt anxious or stress.. I try to focus on what my therapist told me about her mechanism of isolation woith her hedaches-stress and anxiety.
I saw her yesterday, and I was talking to her, I told her I loved her including her hedaches and stress, and want her to know I was here for her, she told me in a sarcastic wasy "mmm ok" and she say "you somethimes get it and sometimes dont" " I dont think you can put up with it"

Customer:

that last mart made me endure and make more effort to understand her.
she has another job, hoping for days, and will see. now she has to be up super early and be in bed super early.
but will see. the neuro appt still on.

Customer:

I told her I know you get anxious stress and bad hedaches and I will try to understand you more

Dr. Z :

Well she has her doubts because she is just being pessimistic that you will really stick by her through this, so just keep being persistent and showing that you care through your actions and she will start to get it and understand that you do truly care for her

Dr. Z :

That is good that you are still going to the neuro appt. with her, that will be good for her to see how committed you are to her

Customer:

I tool the dog to the vet.. does that say anything to you? like she trust me more? etc

Dr. Z :

Yes she is definitely relying on you more and that shows that she trusts you more too

Customer:

cool.. you know one thing is that i dnt want to push her by me coming over or asking her for me to spend the night..

Customer:

or is it ok for me to ask?

Dr. Z :

I would not just yet, let her see more of the new and understanding you and then in a couple weeks you can ask, and emphasize that you do not want to have sex, but just want to be there with you and cuddle...although I know you would not be opposed to sex if she offered

Customer:

LOL

Dr. Z :

I only speak the truth ;)

Customer:

but I been feeling very good.
when I have negative thoughts I try to see the positive side of it. this has help me tremendously this week. I been great

Dr. Z :

That is great to hear, I told you in time and the more your practice the CBT it will become more ingrained and more effective for you

Dr. Z :

I think your actions are working really well for you and it is really helping your relationship too, so congratulations there :)

Customer:

It just drives me nuts sometimes when She does not respond to my txt in a timely manner you know..

Customer:

thanks Dr Z.
I hope it can continue this way, like I say before I really love and care for her, despite her medical conditions and problems.

Dr. Z :

I know you get anxious about the texts, but you are also working on not focusing on that too and you are noticing objectively from her other behaviors that she does want to be with you, but the medical issues are impacting her. I know you love and care for her a lot, but you are putting in the hard work to get past your anxiety and insecurity and it is paying off with her, so that is all you :)

Customer:

thanks!

Customer:

God Bless you.
And Talk to you later

Dr. Z :

God Bless you as well and I wish you a wonderful weekend :)