Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

My Dr Has retied and I was on 1mil of Alzoprame for 5 years

My Dr Has retied and I was on 1mil of Alzoprame for 5 years of looking for a Antidepresent and it worked well for me I was a new person after tyring lots of meds we found this little bit worked wonders he was my family Dr all my life now that a new Dr got his office he will not give it to me any more and wants to start all over with things that we " my old Dr has worked on. I get this is some thing you should not be on for a long time but it worked for me Vary well and I really do not know whare to go from here
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

Thank you for requesting me, I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry that you are having this issue with your doctor regarding your medications.

Dr. Z :

It is true that the authorities and regulating committees have been more strict towards physicians prescribing benzodiazepines like the Alazopram because of their physically addicting nature, but if you went to a psychiatrist who has experience working with these medications, I am sure he/she would be able to prescribe Alazopram for you

Dr. Z :

Also it should be noted that the Alazopram is not an antidepressant, but instead Alazopream is mean to treat anxiety disorders

Dr. Z :

In addition, you may want to ask your doctor about Buspar, if your new doctor is still reluctant to give you a benzodiazepine. Buspar has a tranquilzer effect simiar to the Alazopram, but not as strong, and it can be used for anxiety like the Alazopram. Many doctors are readily able to prescribe this medication and it is relatively new so you may not have tried it

Customer:

That is what the new Dr has giving me but it makes me wired? It early in day

Customer:

I will look for a Dr in LA CA and thank you

Dr. Z :

Yeah that is an initial side effect of the medication, but it usually goes away in 6-8 weeks as your body gets used to the medication.

Dr. Z :

You live in Los Angeles, CA

Customer:

yes

Dr. Z :

I went to school there, would you like me to recommend some psychiatrists that I know will prescribe you benzodiazpeines like the Alazopram?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

please

Dr. Z :

Sure give me a few minutes to compile a good list for you

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Z :

So these are psychiatrists that I have worked with while in Los Angeles, and I know they prescribe benzodiazepines for their patients. If you show that you were prescribed the Alazopram in the past for a number of years and it worked for you, these psychiatrists should help you as well. Under the supervision of a trained psychiatrist the use of Alazopram is not dangerous for you, so your current doctor may be over reacting on taking you off it.

Dr. Z :

Is there anything else I can do to assist you tonight?

Customer:

thank you you are a good Dr

Customer:

thanks for your help

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am just happy to help. I wish you all the best and I hope that you get the medication that has worked for you in the past. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Dr. Z :

Before you sign off though, I would very much appreciate if you could rate my performance in helping you so that I can get credit for this question. Thank you very much

Customer:

i will you are grate

Dr. Z :

Thank you for the compliment, I truly appreciate it

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.