Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I am on efexor 75mg, can I also have garcinia cambogia formula

I am on efexor 75mg, can I also have garcinia cambogia formula to help loose wait?

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern today

Dr. Z :

So the Effexor is an SNRI antidepressant and it is meant to increase your Serotonin levels to help with depression and anxiety. Now the garcinia cambogia also increases your Serotonin levels as well and if you have too much Serotonin in your body then it can cause a serious condition called Serotonin Syndrome as seen with the link here.

Dr. Z :

But because you are taking a low dose of the Effexor at 75mg and the garcinia cambogia only increases the Serotonin levels in your body by small amounts then usually it is safe to take the Effexor and the supplement together as the risk of Serotonin Syndrome is usually minimal, but I wanted to let you know of the possible effects of combining the two, although most likely that will not be the case here.

Customer:

So is it safe or not I would like to know maybe if I take 1 capsule instead of the 2

Dr. Z :

If you really wanted to lose weight though and have an effective antidepressant and anti-anxiety medication, then I would recommend the use of Bupropion (Wellbutrin) as this is an effective medication for depression and anxiety, and actually encourages individuals to lose weight, unlike most antidepressants that cause weight gain

Dr. Z :

It is safe to take the 75mg of the Effexor and the garcinia cambogia formula together, but take one capsule for 1-2 weeks and see how you feel. If you have no side effects then you can take two if you like.

Dr. Z :

Do you have any other questions or concerns?

Customer:

Thankyou I will give it a go, any problems and I will go to my gp and try the other suggestion you have provided me. Thanks

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am always happy to help. I wish you the best of luck with your medication regimen. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.