Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Is it okay for men to masturbate? And why do so many more men

Is it okay for men to masturbate? And why do so many more men than women masturbate? Thanks.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Masturbation is a normal and natural behavior present from infancy, which could get distorted depending on personal circumstances, sexual education, mental health, sexual development, relationships and other factors.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The media and social-cultural stereotypes do promote and support much more open male sexual and erotic life, than women's open expression of their erotic and sexual drives. Religion does play a huge role repressing this behavior too specially in women, or making of it less obvious than in males.

Customer:

So women also masturbate regularly, or is it mostly guys.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Both do, but many times it is culturally supported much more openly for men than for women.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

it is also true that there are more women that would use masturbation by themselves than engage in sexual activities with other people, while males are less repressed to do both.

Customer:

okay, thanks. questions answered.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

But this highly depends on each person's unique life experiences and individuality. This is why we could find people from the same social group, even raised in the same family presenting very different sexual behaviors.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions, since I am here willing to support you.

Customer:

Thanks so much. Have a good day.