Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

As an adult diagnosed with ADHD, my doctorOKMH1026217

As an adult diagnosed with ADHD, my doctor prescribed me Ritalin. I’m wondering if I need to take my medication every day or just on my “bad” days?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The instructions say to take it daily, but some doctors allow their patients to take it on an as needed basis.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

This works well for some patients, but for others it does not work well intermittently or on an as-needed basis.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

For some they get a "hangover" feeling it they quite, and others go up and down a lot.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It really depends on what works best for you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It is not like an antidepressant that has to stay in your system and takes while to work. It is fast acting. Thank you so much. May God bless you and keep you well. Warm regards, XXXXX XXXXX LPCC, NCC, CCMHC