Ask Eleanor
Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years

Hi, I took an IQ test in this site: OKMH1021211

Customer Question

Hi, I took an IQ test in this site: http://www.iqtest.com/login.html I'd like to know if this site is reliable or not. I'd also like to know if there is site where I can get reliable results in a IQ test. Thank you.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Ask Eleanor replied 9 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. Here is a link to the most reliable and comprehensive intelligence test, The Stanford-Binet: http://www.stanfordbinet.net/

The site you used is not as reliable as this test. I hope this answers your question. Let me know if you need further assistance. Take care, Eleanor

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you very much, one more question, my first language is spanish, I've heard I need to take the test in spanish because of this. Is it true? Does this webpage give IQ tests in spanish?? thank you

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Also, I was diagnosed with ADHD in 2009, I take ritalin since. Does this influence in my result? Or the effects of the ritalin make the result more reliable??

I could not find a Spanish translation of the Stanford/Binet IQ test anywhere online. However, as you are obviously fluent in English, I do not believe you will get an inaccurate result taking this test in English. The questions are not difficult to understand. The Ritalin should not effect your score one way or the other; it simply makes you better able to focus on the test. Hope it goes well, take care, Eleanor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

thank you very much. Does it cost??

I believe it is @ $20-25 and they take PayPal as well as credit cards. I am leaving the site for a couple of hours; will check back later to see is you have any further questions. I wish you well, Eleanor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX question, I took the mensa home test (mensa spain) for $14. I got an extremeley high result, percentile 98 (IQ around 135). and they told me in an e-mail that they recomend me to take the supervised test, is the home test reliable? Honestly, I think it is way to high, could it be possible the gave me a really high result so that I feel comfortable paying de $14 for the home test??

That is certainly a possibility. I would go with the Stanford/Binet; it should give you a more reliable score. If you get a high score on this test and you want to become a Mensa, then you will know that the initial results you got there are valid. Hope this helps, take care, Eleanor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I just took the standford test, I got exactly the same result as in the mensa home test, which is IQ 135 (percentile 98.4).

Well, congratulations! I believe you can safely acknowledge that you are an extremely intelligent person. I hope that you can use this gift to make a difference in the world and have a very satisfying life, Eleanor
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX still not sure, the thing is, that in both tests, the mensa home test and the standfrod binet, ask for your nationality, and I live in a third world country,´Ecuador, where the education system is terrible, so, do you think it is possible that if you live in a place with such conditions, you could get 'boosted points' in the exam, just to make it "fair" for people who live with almost no decent education system??

No, I don't believe these tests are weighted according to the country where you live. You are a very intelligent young man, Mark! All the best, Eleanor

Ask Eleanor, Psychotherapist
Experience: Marriage & Family Therapist/Prof. Counselor for 20 years
Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I asked a fraud examiner in this site about the page you gave me, they told me there are some 'red flag' indicators that the test is a fraud. For example, that it is owned by an anonimous webpage company in WA. and that this page Will only be online for 3 years in total, and that it has only been online 1year. Are you absolutely sure this is the original Stanford binet test? They told me that Just because it says Stanford binet, it doesn't mean it is Stanford binet... Are you sure about the reliability of this test? Thank you

Absolutely sure, Eleanor