Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Is TDCS (Transcranial Direct CUrrent Stimulation) helpful for anxiety? I read about it

Is TDCS (Transcranial Direct CUrrent Stimulation) helpful for anxiety?

I read about it and I would like to try if possible.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Customer:

Hi, thanks for responding.

Dr. Z :

Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation was first developed to help treat depressive symptoms with great success, but there have been recent studies to try to determine if it will be effective for anxiety.

Dr. Z :

The current research has not been completed and so far the studies have been mixed where some say TDCS has been beneficial for anxiety and others have said it has not been beneficial

Customer:

OK. There was this device I saw, Fisher Wallace device. I was debating whether I should buy it or not.

Dr. Z :

So I see no harm in trying it, but currently the research is not sure of the effectiveness yet

Customer:

That's why I was wondering.

Customer:

Ok. So it's safe to try according to current research?

Dr. Z :

I am not familiar with that particular device as I have no patient or practitioner currently using it that I know of. It is safe to try according to current research, but I would recommend seeing a practitioner of TDCS and Trascranical Magnetic Stimulation as a whole as they are more well versed of the settings and can adjust the settings to better treat anxiety

Customer:

Ok.

Dr. Z :

Still if you want to buy the Fisher Wallace Device, there are not severe risks to it and it may help you or it may not for anxiety

Customer:

ok, thanks