Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Is there a specific name for a psychiartist that deals with

Is there a specific name for a psychiartist that deals with trickatillamania in children?

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

While there is no specific psychiatrist that solely treats that disorder only. The psychiatrist you are looking for is a Child Psychiatrist that specializes in Obsessive and Compulsive Disorders

Dr. Z :

Would you like me to look in your area for a psychiatrist that may be able to treat Trichotillomania in children for you?

Customer:

Yes - Please!

Customer:

Dallas - Fort Worth Area

Dr. Z :

Okay, give me a few minutes to compile a list, but first what is the age of the child?

Customer:

The child is 12 years old, just about an adolescent, but not quite there yet. On prozac and concerta. Medication is

Customer:

not working.

Dr. Z :

I understand, okay give me a few minutes and I will compile a list of psychiatrists that specialize in this area

Dr. Z :

So I think these psychiatrists can be good as they specialize working with Obsessive Compulsive Disorders and also specialize working with children too.

Customer:

Thank you!

Customer:

We will research the above physicians and choose one!

Dr. Z :

Anytime, is there anything else I can help you with tonight?

Customer:

No - You have been a great help!