Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Hi I was on 15mg of Mirtazapine and 9 days ago went up to

Hi

I was on 15mg of Mirtazapine and 9 days ago went up to 30mg. For 3 days now have been having bad nausea and feeling hot/cold and sweating. Will this pass soon? I am trying to hold down a job and side effects are not helping. Thanks

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry that you have been having these side effects to the medication, I can imagine how distressing this is for you

Dr. Z :

May I ask did you have any symptoms at all when you were taking 15mg of the Mirtazapine?

Customer:

Hi. Not really other than feeling tired.

Dr. Z :

Now I know this may be difficult for you to compare, but if you have ever had the flu before do these symptoms seem similar to you?

Customer:

Sort of. I feel quite nauseous a lot of the time and hot/cold.

Dr. Z :

Yeah, that is why I am concerned because these sound like flu-like symptoms and those are serious and infrequent side effects to the medication. I would alert your prescribing physician about this. Most side effects are usually temporary and go away within 2-4 weeks, but this is a severe one and you may have to switch to another medication. Here are a list of the common and rare side effects of the Mirtazapine

Customer:

Hi, ok, thanks

Dr. Z :

Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Customer:

no that's all, thanks

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am always happy to help. I hope these side effects go away soon or if they are severe then the switch to another medication will be seamless for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Customer:

thanks

Dr. Z :

You are most welcome :)