Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

good morning - I just had a psychological evaluation done

good morning -

I just had a psychological evaluation done on my 18 year old son. Theres a lot of it I don't understand and am hoping that this sentence in it under the emotional and coping skills can be explained a little to me until I get the chance to call the gentleman who took the test. Here is what it says ...
"HOWEVER, THE RORSCHACH DOES SEEM TO REFLEST SOME UNDERLYING DEPRESSIVE TENDENCIES
THAT MAY MANIFEST IN DYSPHORIC THINKING AND NEGATIVE MOOD STATES, AND AS NOTED HE IS
OBSERVED BY OTHERS TO EXHIBIT ANXIOUS BEHAVIORS"
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Good morning.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

First I want to say that the every test requires to be effectively administered, interpreted and explained by a competent mental health professional.

Customer:

Yes I do realize that , thank you

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The Rorschach test is a projective psychological test-tool, which means its interpretation is very subjective even when implemented by a competent mental health professional.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

"underlying depressive tendencies" means that the person has a predisposition to develop and suffer of depressive mood.

Customer:

I am unsure of the meaning of dysphoric thinking. He is in the autism spectrum and I don't know if that is an additional thing to worry about. Being in the depressive mood has been a part of it and he is medicated for that. It also runs in the family.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Such predispositions could appear as negative or depressive thoughts or ideas and also through sad mood, or an variable emotional states.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Dysphoric means unhappy or depressed.

Customer:

That is what it appears to be through his explosions in his school day and when he is calm following he always apologizes and says he

Customer:

doesn't even realize its done....

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I can see. am sorry to know that. These statements basically point at depressive features , predispositions that could affect your son's mood, thinkingprocess, behaviors and relationships.

Customer:

Of course, just as a parent it has me concerned. I do have an apt with his psychiatrist but it will be a long week til I can get there not knowing

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

The "negative mood states", could be pointing at this lack of emotional regulation or control he presents

Customer:

Alright , thank you then, I was looking it up through the internet and it had me looking at bi-polar since I saw it stated

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please do look for psychotherapy for your child, since it is much more important for his rehabilitation process that the use of psychiatric drugs.

Customer:

Yes that also was stated several times in his report -- that therapy should be definitely looked for

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you for your trust.

Customer:

Have a good day and will be back if any other concerns come forth

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me for any further support since I am here to assist you as possible.

Customer:

I will do so, thank you.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Sure, please do.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Take care.

Customer:

you too

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach