Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

Help,I dont know how to feel about my adult nappy addicti

Help,I don't know how to feel about my adult nappy addiction
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

You mention that you have this fetish and that you do not know how to feel about it, can you go into more detail for me

Dr. Z :

Are you concerned about this fetish and your relationship with your fiance?

Customer:

Um..well I like the feeling I get when I wear them,I get sexually aroused,

Dr. Z :

Okay this is definitely a sexual fetish and it is not harming anyone.

Customer:

Iam very concerned about how this may affect us in our sex life

Dr. Z :

I understand, well you stated that you tried to have conversations of this subject with her, but I am not sure as to the extent. It is possible that you fiance may be turned off by this fetish and your sex life may suffer. On the other hand your fiance may be okay with it and it will not harm your sex life at all, it really has to do with your fiance's behavior and sexual openness regarding this type of fetish

Dr. Z :

Many women are open to this type of fetish and usually it will not harm your sex life at all

Dr. Z :

So to what extent have you had a conversation about this? That you get sexually turned on by this?

Customer:

Also I figured that cos we have a similar backgrounds she might have been more inclineed to join in,but I haven't fully talked to her about the feelings that I somewhat find it hard to talk about

Dr. Z :

Well you will never know how she feels unless you talk to her about it, but because she does have a similar background as you then most likely she will be open to it

Customer:

When I brought it up in our sexual activities recently about some of the feelings that come to be when wearing one,she said no,I'm an empowered woman

Dr. Z :

So it sounds like she equates the nappy as a form of submission, do you consider it that?

Customer:

Definantly not,how would you suggest it in such a way as to not offend her?

Dr. Z :

Well I do not think you will offend her, but most likely you will surprise her at first. You should bring it up that your time wearing the nappy made you feel more empowered and then that transferred into sexual excitement/arousal. Then you can try to explain your sexual fetish to her and hope that she understands, but most likely she will be a little surprised and confused at first, so be prepared for that

Customer:

I honestly thought she might be up for it,she's told me that she likes different textures down there,so I thought why not ask her in the moment

Dr. Z :

Definitely in the moment may be a good time to ask her with your hormones and her hormones being very elevated

Dr. Z :

If you think that she will be interested in this fetish, then you should definitely bring it up and it may even enhance your sex life with your fiance

Customer:

It's also her time of the month,

Customer:

Well I was kind of hoping that this would help,enhance,and overall feel good about the subject

Dr. Z :

It might, some women are very particular and sensitive about their menstrual cycles, so it really depends on how your fiance is about this subject.

Dr. Z :

Some women would prefer no sexual contact at all and others are a little more flexible during this time of the month

Customer:

I'm starting to wonder how much this is costing me

Dr. Z :

This chat? You only pay a one time fee and that is all, but I actually only get credit after you rate me with the smiley faces at the bottom of the chat

Dr. Z :

And you already paid the one time fee, so you will not be charged anymore for this question

Customer:

Oh ok,I'm still really unsure

Dr. Z :

Unsure about what exactly?

Dr. Z :

Are you still there?

Customer:

About how to conversate with her,or would the best thing be,for me to bring it up at a later date again

Dr. Z :

I would not postpone talking with her about this, the sooner you tell her the sooner she can ask questions and get your perspective over this. Also the longer you tell her, the more anxiety you will have concerning this issue. So I think you should tell her at your earliest convenience.

Dr. Z :

I see that you keep signing in and out of the chat, is your internet connection okay?

Dr. Z :

I see that you are offline right now, but when you get back online I would be very interested in continuing this discussion with you and talking about anything further you would like to share regarding your concern, so if you respond in the chat box I will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

Customer:

I'm on

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.