Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I agree with what you said completely. The only question I

I agree with what you said completely. The only question I have left is should I contact my physician and explain the situation to them since this psychiatrist said he would be contacting them?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello

Dr. Z :

Yes I see no harm in contacting your physician concerning this situation at all.

Dr. Z :

I think if you explain how the psychiatrist basically interrogated your son, your son's depression, and how you need the medications (which your doctor knows), will help your situation

Dr. Z :

I do not think the doctor will take away medications that you obviously need

Dr. Z :

I think your son felt so guilty and with his depression, he gave a false confession because of the harsh and unethical tactics by the psychiatrist

Customer:

I just really want them to know how this man treated my son and that I am not giving him anything. I would never give anyone my medication, I would tell them to see a physician if they had a problem. I do believe that he did feel guilty because he has told me that over and over again. Also, the doctor was pressuring him. I feel bad because I did not go in with him. I felt it would be easier for him to talk about everything that is bothering him if I was not in there. Now I feel like I fed him to a wolf.

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry. You put your trust in a "professional" and they took advantage of their role and did not help your son. This was not your fault or son's fault. This was the fault of the professional who did not take his role as a healer seriously.

Dr. Z :

Explain the situation to your doctor and I am sure your doctor will understand

Customer:

I have an actual appointment next Tuesday, should I wait and just speak to him in person or should I respond to this immediately? I will be contacting the other professional you gave me to set something up for my son as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to get me that information.

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am always happy to help you and your son. I think you can bring it up and call your doctor, instead of waiting till next week. This will help put your mind at ease too if you take care of this right away

Customer:

Thank you. On a better note, my husband and I are doing a little better. I know it will take time, but we were able to go away for a night just the two of us and things went really well. He initiated an intimate encounter in the morning and did not have any trouble with ED and I know he didn't take anything. He has been very attentive and cuddly ever since.

Dr. Z :

That is great news about you and your husband, I am happy that things are going well for the both of you :)

Dr. Z :

I am glad that I was able to help you with your husband and I hope my advice helps with your son too

Customer:

I hope so too. I will let you know how things are going. Thank you for not only being helpful but for caring so much also.

Dr. Z :

Anytime, that is what I am here for :) I wish you and your son the best of luck and I hope that he gets the right treatment from a caring professional very soon. And definitely please keep me updated or if you have any other questions, you are more than welcome to contact me at anytime.

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.