Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience:  Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice

Hi, thank you for your time. In my high OKMH1014100

Hi, thank you for your time. In my highschool and university days, I had trouble falling asleep as I was loaded with energy. Over the years, I have finally overcome this. Now for the last 5 or 10 years, I have the opposite problem. I can`t get out of bed. If I have an appointment like work or meeting a friend, no problem, I get up. But for most other situations, I sleep in way to much. My current situation is that on my days off, I sleep in until like 7pm. If not you, whom should I see?

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Mark :

Hi! I'll be glad to help you with this issue.

Dr. Mark :

This is a serious problem, I can understand.

Dr. Mark :

Do you think there is something biomedically wrong or do you think this is an emotional issue?

Dr. Mark :

Do you need more time to reply?

Customer:

Hi, I have just received this page and it asks me to REPLY, but I don`t see your response/ answer to my question. I don`t see what I should reply to. Where is your answer? Thanks, sorry.

Dr. Mark :

This is the chat format. If you like, I will instead answer you in the question/answer format. I already started composing my answer in a different window in that format. Shall I continue there and switch this over?

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 9 months ago.

Hi! You didn't reply in the chat, so it reverted to the question/answer format. I'll answer here, okay?

I'm rather concerned about this as I know you are. I can imagine how worrisome this situation must be for you. You are indeed sleeping in a pattern that needs to be examined, evaluated, and assessed.

It is possible that everything medically will check out. And then it will be a psychological issue that you will need to address in psychotherapy. However, you need to rule out the biomedical possibilities first. That's crucial.

Your condition is called idiopathic hypersomnia. That's a big term that means that you're sleeping too much, there's no apparent cause visible, and that it's not an issue of lack of muscle control. Here's a link to a reliable web page about this disorder:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000803.htm

So, please, make an appointment with your doctor to be referred for the evaluation process to rule out why this may be happening.

Okay, I wish you the very best!

My goal is for you to feel like you've gotten Great Service from me and the site. If we need to continue the discussion for that to happen, then please feel free to reply and we'll continue working on this. If the answer has given you the help you need, please remember to give a rating of 5 (Great Service) or 4 (Informative and helpful), or even 3 (Got the job done) button. This will make sure that I am credited for the answer and you are not charged anything more than the deposit you already made by pressing any of these buttons. Bonuses are always appreciated! If I can be of further help with any issue now or in the future, just put "For Dr. Mark" in the front of your new question, and I'll be the one to answer it. All the best, XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Mark, Psychotherapist
Experience: Dr. Mark is a PhD in psychology in private practice