Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Why would a man want a woman to beat him or physically overpower

Why would a man want a woman to beat him or physically overpower him?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There are many reasons why this behavior could happen, mostly this type of behavior is understood as a distortion leading to a disorder where the person experience pleasure by being subjected to such abuse.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

These behaviors are commonly associated with anxiety-compulsive mental health disorders

Customer: What is it about the diso
Customer: Sorry. What it is about the disorder that they get relief.
Customer: Why do they want to be abused?
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

As with most obsessive -compulsive disorders, when the person act outs the obsession, follows it with the compulsive behaviors, in this case being abused or dominated by a woman, the experience of instant gratification or relief arises, just as it happens with most addictive behaviors

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There could be different causes, from medical problems leading to this mental health disorder, including hormonal problems and other conditions, to mental health disorders like anxiety and sexual problems causing this specific disorder.

Customer: Is it associated with former abuse? Or is it just a compulsive disorder?
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Most times people suffering of this disorder were victims of physical or sexual abuse int he past, or were traumatized by witnessing such serious events

Rafael M.T.Therapist : the past...

Customer: Thank you for your answers. I just don't fully understand what this all means. It's obviously disturbing to me to know that my husband is enjoying this videos etc. don't
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're very welcome. I am sorry to know about this situation. Then it is very important for you to talk about it, for him to be truly open and honest about it for you to understand what is happening and to work on a solution, if necessary with professional psychological support, since whenever we talk about mental health disorders, professional treatment is essential.

Customer: oh yes it is. I will absolutely seek further counsel. Thank you Rafael:) have a great day.
Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you. Take gentle care, Have a nice day too. :o)