Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Dear Dr. Keane. I do hope that there will be a day when we

Dear Dr. Keane. I do hope that there will be a day when we can chat.
I am sorry to hear that re-entry is so hard on you this time, especially since your schedules are still so busy. I was glad to have your opinion about the GP appointment. I also find it of great comfort and help to be able to say how I feel, what was said without feeling really silly when I am chatting or posting to you. I am very glad and pleased that you still here, even though it seems to be busy times for you. I bet you will get back into the swing of things soon, it always takes a little bit of time to re-adjust. Anyway, you probably know all that, so no idea why I am writing that, except, perhaps because I want to try and show that I do empathise and I do care, it isn't supposed to be patronising or anything like that, so I hope that you don't find it so. I am still glad that you still make time for me, whether it's a chat or a response.
I also want to thank you for being in touch when you got internet when you were away. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness there and I really am glad you had a fun trip........I should say, I am away from the weekend for a week. I should have internet time sometimes, but may or may not be able to actually chat. I hope though, like other times I've been away holidaying that you will receive any posts I do write and ake your response :) I may have times when I will be able to be online. I've made for a reasonably busy but fun schedule whilst away, just wish I could lose the angst, which for a nice trip are so pointless, although, maybe the angst is about one of those work reviews being due again, or a combination. I am using all the techniques though as the angst should know better, that it won't stop me from having a good time whilst I'm off exploring.

Dr. Keane : Hi think you are here..
Customer:

Hi

Customer:

yes I am here

Customer:

glad you had a nice time away.

Customer:

Thank you for sparing the time.

Dr. Keane : Good , I did but of course came back with a cold and tired!
Dr. Keane : Why the angst?
Customer:

Oh, no, I hope it isn't like the cold that seems to be around here right now, taking me ages to properly shift it.

Customer:

No idea!

Customer:

I really am looking forward to going away, got nice things planned and I know that I won't get too lost.

Customer:

I hope that your cold does go away soon.

Dr. Keane : Well going away does cause a bit of anxiousness, you know, getting it done so you have everything you need, just think "fun" and focus on that. As for work reviews, well you know they will be fine so just use self talk
Dr. Keane : Where are you going?
Customer:

Yes, the review should be fine.

Customer:

I am going to London.

Dr. Keane : Fun, love London
Customer:

I am meeting a friend and staying with her since she lives there, then I have the weekdays to myself as she has to work.

Dr. Keane : Packing for a week is not fun
Customer:

Yes, I remember you saying you have been to London a few times to visit family and friends.

Dr. Keane : Great opportunity to explore, you can't get too lost in London!
Customer:

No, it is not, but I think I know what I am taking.

Dr. Keane : Going to any shows?
Customer:

No, not too difficult, even with me who has not got a great sense of direction, I managed it before. Got a London Pass too and theatre tickets booked.

Customer:

We are going to see Wicked.

Dr. Keane : I've seen it twice in NY, love the music
Customer:

Oh it must be good then.

Dr. Keane : Actually one of my favorites
Customer:

I am looking forward to it. I have not seen it before but they've been doing a lot of publicity for it coming later in the year to Scotland and the theatre sent a promotional dvd. It looks and sounds good fun.

Customer:

I wondered if you went to the theatre ever, well, now I know :)

Customer:

Got really good seats too.

Customer:

Your cruise sounded good, did you get to see lots of places in Spain and Italy?

Dr. Keane : It is.
Dr. Keane : Yes and I never realized everything is uphill in Europe!
Customer:

yes, there are a lot of hills.

Dr. Keane : Thought I'd never make some of them! But they.Looked more intimidating than they actually were.
Dr. Keane : Good exercise !
Customer:

Well, must've felt a nice achievement when you did make them.

Customer:

yes, and good unexpected exercise.

Customer:

Well, London is a lot of walking as you know, so I'll get some exercise there.

Dr. Keane : Always feel good after climbing hills! Don't do it often, rather flat were I walk, could choose hills but I prefer to walk in a reservation area where there is a nice lake and hiking trails...flat ones
Customer:

Sounds very nice. By me there are lots of flat walks too, although could do hills as well.

Customer:

I don't climb hills too often either, but have done.

Customer:

There's a nice university campus near me too which has a lake the public can walk round and there is a dam nearby too.

Customer:

except in the summer the dam didn't have too much water in parts due to our unusually very hot summer.

Customer:

You said you were very busy at work at the moment, so I hope you have something nice or nice and relaxing planned for the weekend.

Customer:

I applied for another job recently.

Customer:

It's a bit of a move from what I do just now, but hopefully will give me more opportunity for something really permanent.

Customer:

um, are you still here?

Customer:

That's what I wanted to ask, why do you suppose going away causes some anxiousness?

Customer:

Dr. Keane, did I say something to annoy you???

Customer:

We were chatting, it then said you stood out and you went offline?

Customer:

I am so worried now as normally you politely say that you have to go. Did I say or do something you didn't like?

Customer:

About the jobs, I mean I have applied for a few, but this one I feel quite good about.

Customer:

I waited quite some time to see if you were coming back, well, I hope that we can chat again, some time soon. I hope you have a good weekend and I'll try and let you know if I'm having a good time in London then and what I think of Wicked.

Customer:

Well, it was very pleasant as always chatting to you when you were here.

Customer:

I will continue to try and keep my focus on fun like you said.

Customer:

It really was great chatting to you today, just concerned because normally you say when you need to leave, so hopefully all is ok and also that I didn't say anything wrong and that I can still be in contact with you.

Customer:

I also hope that your cold gets better soon.