TherapistJen
TherapistJen, LCSW, CPC
Experience:  Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
64783947

daughter, 37, with 2 children starting a divorce is having

daughter, 37, with 2 children starting a divorce is having anxiety attacks. Severely depressed and crys all the time.

Coach Jen K. :

Hi and welcome. I am a Licensed Master Social Worker with more than 20 years experience working with individuals and families on a variety of issues.

Coach Jen K. :

She is going through a crisis right now as she is beginning this divorce process which can be quite overwhelming.

Coach Jen K. :

She can benefit from some additional support by seeing someone for some supportive therapy and possibly get evaluated for medication.

Coach Jen K. :

If the divorce was not something that she desired this can have a profound effect on her mood and her anxiety level.

Coach Jen K. :

hi. welcome

Coach Jen K. :

tell me a bit more

Customer:

her husband is bi polar and quit taking his medication. He does not want to talk about it he just wants a divorce. My daughter doesnt want this and is taking it very hard.

Coach Jen K. :

as I imagined. It is so hard because it is not something she wants. Sadly if he doesnt want to take his medication or work on things then she is left just to care for herself and the kids.

Coach Jen K. :

The best scenario is him taking care of himself so that it is not his illness that is ruling this decision.

Coach Jen K. :

the thing that can be done is for her to get the support that she needs to care for herself during this very tough time.

Customer:

I dont know if I should try to get her an apt with a phyciatrist or what. She breaks down crying all of the time and I am afraid she might get fired

Coach Jen K. :

I would suggest that you get her in to see someone...she is going through a very tough time and her anxiety and depression needs to be evaluated.

Coach Jen K. :

Do you have someone to bring her to? Where is she located...you can just say the zip code and I can help locate someone

Customer:

medication type or counseling type

Customer:

73159

Coach Jen K. :

I think both...she should have the supportive counseling and also be evaluated for medication.

Coach Jen K. :

ok. give me one moment to look

Coach Jen K. :

Please take a look at this link...it is a listing of Psychiatrists in your area. http://psychiatrists.psychologytoday.com/rms/zip/73159.html

Coach Jen K. :

Look at one or two and give a call and see who might be a good fit. She does need the support and I do suggest you take this step for her.

Customer:

Thank you

Coach Jen K. :

Can I support you any further now?

Customer:

No. i think that will do it. I contacted one of the people on the list and they have a waiting list of 2 months. They did give me some other names to work with though.

Coach Jen K. :

I am glad you got some other names from them. Work your way through it so you can get her in soon.