Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Dear Dr. Keane (only) the GP appointment

Dear Dr. Keane, the GP appointment went as well as what could be expected. I got more Fluoxitine. I told her about the times when I didn't take them and how I felt and thought that I felt I still needed the meds. She listened to me, didn't say anything about that, and just sort of checked that I was doing ok on them and prescribed some more. She did however say that I don't need to make an appointment next time, just to call for a repeat prescription if I feel I still need to take the Fluoxitine, and then she may call me in to the surgery from time to time to see how things were going. I think that may be if I decide to take them very long term. She has prescribed me another 6 months worth. I felt so nervous again about seeing her. I had a look at a couple of past conversations we had about when I saw the GP before, which really helped get me through the day until I saw her. I am glad you had fun on holiday, it sounded lovely. DA is good this season too. I hope we do manage to catch up.

Dr. Keane :

Hi, I am glad you don't have to go see the GP every time you may need a refill and that you made it there with less angst. I am sorry to have missed you but I am so busy and re-entry is hard enough! I will try my best to catch you for a chat.

Hi, I am sorry to hear that re-entry is so hard on you this time, especially since your schedules are still so busy. I wanted to be in touch with you because I wanted to let you know about the GP appointment and see what you made of it, so, thank you for your opinion. I also find it of great comfort and help to be able to say how I feel, what was said without feeling really silly when I am chatting or posting to you. I am very glad and pleased that you still here, even though it seems to be busy times for you. I bet you will get back into the swing of things soon, it always takes a little bit of time to re-adjust. Anyway, you probably know all that, so no idea why I am writing that, except, perhaps because I want to try and show that I do empathise and I do care, it isn't supposed to be patronising or anything like that, so I hope that you don't find it so. I am still glad that you still make time for me, whether it's a chat or a response.

I do hope that there will be a day when we can chat. Today I have to be in and out. It's just one of those days!

I also want to thank you for being in touch when you got internet when you were away. I really appreciate your thoughtfulness and kindness there and I really am glad you had a fun trip.

I should say, I am away from the weekend for a week. I should have internet time sometimes, but may or may not be able to actually chat. I hope though, like other times I've been away holidaying that you will receive any posts I do write and ake your response :) I may have times when I will be able to be online. I've made for a reasonably busy but fun schedule whilst away, just wish I could lose the nerves, which for a nice trip are so pointless, although, maybe the nerves are about one of those work reviews being due again, or a combination.