Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Have been taking cialis equivalent and get but when

Have been taking cialis equivalent and get erections but when it is just before intercourse my erection fades?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

i am very sorry to know about your ED.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I assume your doctor made necessary referrals to urologist and endocrinologist to make sure there is no medical condition causing or leading to this ED, right?

Customer:

No he just gave me cialis samples and have not gone back to see him.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then please make sure you get complete medical evaluation including evaluations by urologist and endocrinologist, to make sure you have no medical problem casing or worsening your ED.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

In case everything seems fine at the physical level, then you can be sure your ED is caused by psychological factors like stress, anxiety, depression or any other life -mental health issue affecting you or your relationship.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It's very concerning to know that your doctor did not do his job, taking good care of your situation, getting a good evaluation and referring you to these other specialist, that's very neglectful and frustrating.

Customer:

What I don't understand is why I can be ready as can be and then when I am just about to penetrate her my erection fades????

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Tha fact you are able to get a good erection before intercourse but that it fades away just before it, could show that you suffer of a mental health problem leading too this ED.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is a very common symptoms when we talk about ED not caused by medical-physical conditions, but mostly because of anxiety or any other mental health problem.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Do you suffer of anxiety or high levels of stress, depression or have any serious issue affecting your life since the ED started?

Customer:

Not really. I was in a marriage and am separated now pending divorce. I was not very attracted to her and did have problems with maintaining an erection. Now I am in a relationship that am very attracted to her.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then your ED started long ago while married and having marital issues, including poor intimacy, emotional connection, harmony and more between you and your wife. Now that you find yourself having the same problem with a person who you really like and cares about you, becomes really frustrating for you without doubt, since most times people expect being just fine when finding a good partner.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long you have had the ED,and how long ago did you separated from your wife?

Customer:

Probably most of my marriage which was for 15 years. We were together 16 years. Very good friends but I guess for me that was it. Started having intimacy issues for me about two years into the marriage. We have been separated for 6 months.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

What many times happen is that when a sexual disorder appears and stays for a long period of time, the person's mind and body literally get conditioned or programmed to react in that way, and even when the person improves his life situation and relationships, the disorder could remain since it has been reinforced from previous experiences.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see, then it makes sense, you have been reinforcing this ED for these several years, and now to get it to work as expected would take a whole re-education-re-programming of your mind and body.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You just ended your marriage and this new relationship is still very young, even when the person is not aware of the levels of anxiety around sexual performance, you can be sure there should be very high specially taking into account your previous marital experience and long term ED, which would make of it chronic

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

But I believe rehabilitation is possible, as long as you commit to work on yourself and in this process with adequate professional psychological support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You need a very good and experiences psychotherapist with expertise in sexual disorders, anxiety and mood problems.

Customer:

You know I was looking online this morning for one that is in my area. I clicked on the link for just answer and glad I did. I will make an appointment soon. I do wake up with full erections some mornings so I figured the problem was not fully from blood flow.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This will not be easy, but it is necessary and worthy for sure. It is a process, that would gradually lead to your rehabilitation with your partner's support and effective psychotherapeutic help.

Customer:

One other thing I cannot get an erection on my back so does that probably mean there could be some blood flow issues?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That's very concerning since that would not be related to any obvious psychological factor. the only way to truly find out and understand everything behind your ED would be through a complete set of evalutions by these different medical specialist I mentioned before.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I do believe the psychological factor because of your serious past situation plays a core role here, but you need to be sure there is nothing in your physical health affecting it too. For sure, taking medication for erection would not be the best approach at all here, In reality there is no drug to treat sexual disorders, and to push erection with a drug does not resolve an ED nor any other sexual dysfunction.

Customer:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I am pretty healthy. Have not taken any drugs until I started taking the ED drug lately. Not anything. I will get to work on all the suggestions you have made. We do have a satisfying sex life now just not through intercourse.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I support you and feel glad to know it has been helpful. Please take gentle care and consistent actions getting the necessary and effective support you need and deserve to make of your relaitonship and sexual life something truly healthy and fulfilling.

Customer:

Thank you sir. You have been very helpful and I am very excited about getting to the root of the problem. Have a great day.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel fee to contact me as necessary, since I am here willing to support you as possible.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Thank you. You too

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Bye for now.

Customer:

Now to finish I need to just click on the ratings below.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Right. Thanks.

Customer:

Thank you again.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach