Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

Do I need help for wanting to have a Male Female Male Threesome

Do I need help for wanting to have a Male Female Male Threesome with my wife, it turns me on and I almost set a massage up for my wife with the thought of it turning into a threesome, I started having dreams about this a little over a year ago, we have been married for almost 4years, we were both in our 40s. she was pretty upset when she found out that I had been trying to set this up, I told her that I don't think of this anymore but I do. why do I feel this way, I get really turned on thinking of myself and another guy taking care of my wife
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I would like to ask a few questions to get some more information, so that I can better help you

Dr. Z :

When you have the dreams, are you interacting with the other male counterpart at all?

Customer:

No just us taking care of her

Dr. Z :

And you mentioned that you tried to pursue this and set this up, how did you try to do this exactly?

Customer:

I went on craigslist in vegas and saw a ad for a massage for wife and talked to this guy I was supposed to help and we were going to rub her and try to excite her

Dr. Z :

And have you ever sought counseling for these thoughts or desires before?

Customer:

No I have not Should I?

Customer:

I thought this is really wrong to have these thoughts

Customer:

any thoughts or advice

Dr. Z :

You may have what is called an Unspecified Paraphilic Disorder, but I think that is a stretch. Threesomes are not uncommon these days, neither is a desire for one. I think it became a disorder at one point because it is hurting your relationship with your wife.

Dr. Z :

Still this disorder would be a stretch, but I think you do have these intrusive thoughts of a threesome that are impacting you greatly and whether it is a disorder or not, I think it is hurting your relationship with your wife.

Dr. Z :

I would recommend seeing a sexual therapist or possibly a relationship therapist in your area that can help you both. I think couples counseling can help this because these thoughts started recently, over a year ago, and there may be an underlying cause for them that is not sexual.

Customer:

she forgave me I know she really loves me so I don't want to hurt her, she loves me and I know that will these thoughts go away

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Z :

They can go away, but I think that knowing the reason for them occurring all of a sudden will help put things in perspective for you more

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.