Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

My daughter and I had a disagreement

My daughter and I had a disagreement she was being verbally disrespectful, my husband was nearby he quickly agreed with her - I felt like he didn't have my back- I felt he should have remained silent, he came home this evening with a bunch of flowers- however did not acknowledge or say anything about what occurred last evening - what is your read on this?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this very frustrating situation.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not see your answer
Seeking expert testimony is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Dear friend,

Your husband was clearly out of line by not supporting you and giving mixed parenting signals to your daughter.

Behavior such as this will just exacerbate the situation.

He is a man, it seems, who is unable to express his apologies to you in words. However, he did return with a gesture of repentence - bringing you flowers. This was his way of saying that he was sorry and asking for your forgiveness.

Thank him for the flowers and tell him that you know that this is his way of making up for the other night. Thank him, hold him close to you and tell him to please support you because it is most hurtful to you when he does not.

Remain positive and sweet and try to use this moment to get closer to him.

If you have any follow-ups on this question don't hesitate to get back to me.

Please leave positive feedback to experts to get continued help. You have asked several questions and have never acknowledge the experts, who will shy away from you in future if you do not return their professional time and kindness by accepting their answer or giving them positive feedback.

I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience: 35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.