Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I have anxiety and my 8lb dog of 13 years has been a major

I have anxiety and my 8lb dog of 13 years has been a major source of help in managing it. I am moving in with my partner, and her lease has a no dog clause without prior written permission. We requested and were denied that permission, but were told that if a doctor could confirm that the dog is needed to help me manage my anxiety, they would make an exception if I got them it immediately. I am hoping I can get such a note immediately, and am unable to connect with my therapist.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

It seems that you have only one solution that would work, and that would require you to find someone - another therapists, or your family doctor, or another licensed professional who would write you this note.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

In the meantime you can temporarily board the dog for a short time and not "officially" move in with your partner.

Customer:

Can you provide me with such a letter via email?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If your dog is providing you with such emotional support and is in fact operating as your therapy dog, then I attest in my role as a licensed clinical counselor, nationally certified counselor, and certified clinical mental health counselor that you have a need for this dog for your well being, and it would be inhumane to cause you to part from this animal.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

The rules at JustAnswer absolutely forbid, at this moment, that any expert contact a client by giving them contact information, and any such information sent is automatically changed to all Xs, such [email protected]

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Anyone who contacted me outside of this venue could be supplied with such an email. Perhaps the statement I wrote above would help you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I am very empathetic and supportive of your needs but I am powerless to do more, as would be any other expert on this site. I wish that I could do more.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I do hope the landlord will accept my statement above as this is a reasonable request.

Customer:

That would be very helpful indeed. Can you tell me where you teach so I might communicate outside of this venue via electronic mail?

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I would be breaking my contract with JustAnswer if I gave you that information and might be terminated. I am sure that if you did a search on the net that you could find someone who would be very happy to send you such an email very quickly, on his (or her) stationery.

Customer:

I understand.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe you can find the right person very quickly using your imagination and an intelligent search.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

My prayers are with you.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, LPCC, NCC