Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

what is the best way to accurately diagnos a child to determine

what is the best way to accurately diagnos a child to determine treatment options

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your concern

Dr. Z :

I am so sorry to hear about this child's history and current symptoms, I can imagine how distressing this must be for him and for you to see, but I think it is great that you are trying to help him and get an accurate diagnosis

Dr. Z :

While ADHD can be a common diagnosis to explain his symptoms there are also other explanations as well. The best way to get a firm and accurate diagnosis would be going to a child psychologist that specializes in testing and evaluation of children

Dr. Z :

These types of psychologists will usually administer a full battery of tests to firmly nail down appropriate diagnoses that are the possible cause of this child's behavior and then will type a full report for you. The child psychologists will explain the report to you and the findings and what the diagnoses mean for the child and his future.

Dr. Z :

In addition, the the psychologists will explain appropriate remediation to help treat the child, which may mean therapy and/or medication

Dr. Z :

If you let me know what zip code you live in, I can possible recommend some good child psychologists in your area that specialize in testing and evaluation

Customer:

67855

Dr. Z :

Okay give me a few minutes to compile a list of psychologists for you.

Dr. Z :

Okay, so you live in a rural area near some bigger cities, is there a bigger city that you would be willing to go to see a child psychologist for the child?

Dr. Z :

By the way I used to live near Great Bend, KS so I understand how living in rural area is like

Customer:

I would go anywhere

Customer:

maybe you need to come back to kansas and help us

Dr. Z :

I would love that, I actually used to work at the state hospital in Larned

Dr. Z :

So these psychologists are in Wichita, but I have worked with them before and they are very good

Customer:

the school psychologist (high plains cooperative) did class room observation and says he doesnt qualify for services as his problems arent acedemic they are behavioral but didnt see battery of testing of diagnosis

Dr. Z :

A child psychologist, like the ones I just recommended, will do a battery of testing for an objective diagnosis and then can provide you with treatment recommendations based on the diagnosis

Customer:

sorry or a diagnosis from them

Customer:

ok...should I do this prior to letting area mental health diagnos him with ADHD just with a CBDL?

Customer:

CBCL

Dr. Z :

I think so, this way you can get the most accurate diagnosis and best treatment possible for him

Dr. Z :

A wrong diagnosis can be difficult to overturn, lots of paperwork and bureaucracy involved which may be a pain for you and him

Customer:

ok...what about the waiver thing?

Customer:

I am concerned with that ...they want to do the waiver to get him services

Dr. Z :

Well the waiver may provide some relief for him, but like I said it may not be appropriate if he has other diagnoses that explain his behavior better

Dr. Z :

But if you can ask if the waiver can be modified after the results of the testing, then I am all for the waiver

Customer:

ok great thank you for your help....how can I print this off for names you gave me?

Customer:

oh they say the dx and waiver can be modified but I was concerned with that for insurance and dx purposes

Dr. Z :

Well a link of this chat should be sent to your email, so you can always access this chat. Also this chat will be saved on your JA account under My questions

Dr. Z :

Well for that you would have to contact your insurance company, but I am sure with a full evaluation they will be fine modifying and changing the diagnosis if necessary.

Customer:

ok thank you!

Dr. Z :

Anytime, I am always happy to help out. I hope this young child gets better soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service, so if you ever have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime.

Customer:

thanks I saved and exit and submitted rating waiting to execpt

Dr. Z :

No problem, yeah if you just click on one of those smiley faces should be enough to close the chat if you felt satisfied with the service.

Customer:

how do i know when it is finished and that you get paid?

Dr. Z :

Did you click on the smiley faces at the bottom of your screen?

Customer:

i did click on the excellent smiley it said to wait until ask accepted it

Dr. Z :

Hmmmm that is weird, may be it will submit later. You can leave it for now since it seems like the service may be delayed. But thank you for the rating I truly appreciate it

Dr. Z :

No problem, thank you very much I truly appreciate it and best of luck with everything :)