Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

personality profile

personality profile is Se-Pr-Gr-Ap-En/Ti-Hn-Hs-Ad-Sn-As. What exactly does this mean about myself or how others would treat me if they knew?

I read a bit into this but am a bit confused on specifics.

Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Z :

Hello I believe I can help you with your question

Customer:

Alright

Dr. Z :

So you basically took an online Psychopathy test. I would like to warn you before I tell you the results of this online test that the online test is typically inaccurate and not considered valid by any means. The only true test for Psychopathy is called the Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) and has to be administered by a Forensic Psychologist

Customer:

Indeed. I quite understand this to be true. I have taken quite a few, an have actually forced myself to tell truthful answers on them (which was a strange new occurrence for myself.)

Dr. Z :

Still the results of this online test say that you are Pro-Self, Grandiose, Apathetic, High Need for Structure (Very well organized), High on Sadism, Adaptive, No Schizoid or Psyhotic elements present, and Very High Antisocial Personality Disorder Traits. So this test basically says that you have many Psychopathic traits and highly likely to be considered a Psychopath/Sociopath

Customer:

I began to look into personality profiling because as I entered the "real-world" more I realized that I did not respond to situations quite the same way that other have. Would there be a more legitimate way of looking into this without spending copious amount of money? I

Dr. Z :

Yes there would be a way to look into it. You can use this website and take a very comprehensive personality test and you will get some results and then you can either save them in a document or write them down and give me the results and I will interpret your personality from the results. It will not be perfect, but it can give you an idea of your personality

Dr. Z :

http://geisel.narod.ru/mmpi2.htm

Customer:

Thank you

Dr. Z :

It will take a long time to complete, roughly 2-3 hours for many people. So you can put it in another question and you can ask for me directly by putting "For DoctorZ only" in the question. Usually these assessments and interpretation run(NNN) NNN-NNNNdollars, so this will be much cheaper for you

Customer:

Alright, thank you again.

Dr. Z :

Anytime, just remember to ask for me when you are done with that and I will be able to help you again :)

Customer:

What part of the score am I supposed to share exactly?

Dr. Z :

Can you save the entire page of scores on a Word document or PDF file?

Dr. Z :

If not I can tell what scores I would like to see

Customer:

It isn't letting me save as such. What happened was: file:///C:/Users/Starphishy/Documents/MMPI-2%20Scoring.htm not qite sure if that is what is supposed to happen

Dr. Z :

Sometimes if you select Print on your web browser it will allow you to save to PDF, but I will tell you what scores I would like to give you a good assessment

Customer:

Alright, that would be nice

Dr. Z :

VRIN, TRIN, F, Fb, Fp, L, K, S, HS, D, HY Pd, Mf, Pa, Pt, Sc, Ma, Si.

Dr. Z :

And for these I only need the T-scores

Customer:

VRIN:

Customer:

sorry, let me try that again

Customer:

VRIN: 60, TRIN: 65T, F: undefined, Fb: 81, Fp: undefined, L: 33,K: undefined, S: undefined, HS: 78, D: 77, HY: 61, Pd: 87, Mf: 60, Pa: 74, Pt: 72, Sc: 85... I am unsure as to which Ma and which Si you are wanting the answer to

Dr. Z :

The Ma and Si right after you SC t-score

Customer:

Si: 59, Ma: 82

Dr. Z :

Okay give me around 10-20 minutes to process this for you and I will write down the interpretation for you. Also how old are you?

Customer:

19

Dr. Z :

Okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX 10-20 minutes

Customer:

Alright

Dr. Z :

Also did you skip any items on the test?

Customer:

not to my knowledge

Dr. Z :

Okay, just needed to make sure

Dr. Z :

Give me 5-10 more minutes, I am almost done

Customer:

Alright

Dr. Z :

Alright I am done.

Customer:

I'm ready

Dr. Z :

So for some reason the F, Fp, K, and S scales were all undefined so I cannot say that this was a valid assessment or not because those scores were inconclusive, but the L scale (Lie scale) made a suggestion that you may have over-exaggerated your symptoms, so the scores on the Clinical scales may be elevated for that reason. Still I cannot confirm this or not because of those undefined scores

Dr. Z :

HS/Hypochondrias: High, Overly concerned about bodily concerns and health problems, psychosomatic issues, pessimistic , cynical, unhappy, and may complain of chronic weakness, lack of energy, fatigue, and sleep disturbances.

Dr. Z :

D/Depression: High, Depressive symptoms are present, hopeless, pessimistic about the future, poor concentration, irritable, and may report physical symptoms associated with depression (e.g. sleep/eating disturbances, nightmares, weakness, fatigue)

Dr. Z :

Hy/Hysteria: Low, does not display symptoms on this scale other than the ones associated with the HS scale

Dr. Z :

PD/Psychopathic Deviate: High, Symptoms displayed of narcissism, self-centeredness, selfish, immature, childish, and egocentric. May have stormy relationships with others and family, blames family members for difficulties, and may engage in asocial or antisocial acts (e.g. lying, cheating, stealing, sexual acting out)

Dr. Z :

Mf/Masculinity-Femininity: Moderate, Seen as assertive, competitive, may be interested in sports or similar activities and hobbies that are stereotypically male.

Dr. Z :

PA/Paranoia: High, May display symptoms of psychosis, disturbed thinking, ideas of reference, feel mistreated or picked on, angry, resentful, and may harbor grudges.

Dr. Z :

PT/Psychasthenia: High, Experiencing psychological turmoil and discomfort, feels anxious, agitated, fearful, and reports difficulties of concentrating.

Dr. Z :

SC/Schizophrenia: High, Feel isolated, alienated, misunderstood, and unaccepted by their peers. May have a psychotic disorder, be confused and disoriented. May report unusual thoughts, and hallucinations.

Dr. Z :

MA/Hypomania: High, suggestive of a Manic Episode (e.g. accelerated speech, delusions of grandeur, motional lability, flight of ideas). May have unrealistic self-appraisal, prefer action to thought, and impulsive.

Dr. Z :

SI/Social Introversion: Low, Suggests you are sociable and extroverted.

Customer:

thank you for these results

Dr. Z :

This is just one test, so usually I give more than one test to help confirm diagnoses and personality characteristics

Dr. Z :

Because I do not think you are truly presenting with all of these symptoms as the test suggests

Customer:

There were a few questions that I was a touch iffy on deciding on a answer for, so I can definitely see that in the results and agree with you.

Dr. Z :

Yeah I am not 100 percent positive on the calculation of scores on that website I gave you, I just wanted to give you a different option to go with

Dr. Z :

Is there anything else I can do to assist you tonight?

Customer:

No, I believe that is all. Thank you... unless perhaps there is anything you can tell me about Sociopaths?

Dr. Z :

Well I can tell you a good deal about sociopaths/psychopaths. I am trained in the Psychopathy Checklist Revised (PCL-R) and have given it to offenders on a number of occasions and even testified in court on it. So what would you like to know about Sociopaths specifically?

Dr. Z :

Here are the criteria for Psychopathy/Sociopathy that we use for the test

Dr. Z :

Anything else you need?

Dr. Z :

I see that you are away from your computer right now, but when you get back online I would be very interested in continuing this discussion with you and talking about anything further you would like to share regarding your concern, so if you respond in the chat box I will be able to get back to you as soon as possible.

Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience: Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.