Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

hi things are at least developing here.He is now checked

Customer Question

hi

things are at least developing here.He is now checked for andropause
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  RealSupport replied 3 years ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Could you please clarify your question?

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

I have been chatting with dr Z before

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

He knows about my husbands condition

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I see. OK, let me leave the chat then for him to reply, OK?

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

ok thanks

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You're welcome

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

should i stay

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

or come back?

JACUSTOMER-8kvra8ws- :

should i stay

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.
Hello again, I am sorry that someone else responded to this chat. I actually responded to your other chat and if you would like I can close this question here and we can continue the discussion on the other chat since it will be easier for us. Here is the link for you.

http://www.justanswer.com/mental-health/804q7-back-diagnosed-andropause.html
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hallo

DDid not get this until today

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.
No worries, I understand how that can happen. Did you want to chat using the other question that you asked at this link

because right now we are not allowed to go through chat because the other expert accidentally took this question before me and opted out. And this back and forth may take awhile and be inefficient.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.
Or if you prefer, you can ask a new question and put "For DoctorZ only" before the question to make sure I get it and I can close the other two questions, so that you do not get charged with them.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.
We can also talk here if you like. So your husband was diagnosed with andropause, what is your concern about this? Andropause is the male equivalent of menopause that is seen in women. It can cause depression, irritability, low sex drive, hot flashes, sweating, anxiety, and memory issues. It is a controversial diagnosis because not all experts believe that this is possible for men because the male reproductive system continues to function well into their old age. Either way, this does not necessarily account for his NPD behaviors as we have discussed previously. So what is your concern about this diagnosis and his history of NPD behaviors?