Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

Hello I am a 27 year old female who still lives at home with

Customer Question

Hello I am a 27 year old female who still lives at home with my family. I don't have a partner or kids. I feel like my life is going no where. I always have head aches feel sick dizzy and tired. I have trouble sleeping. I have been to doctors about my head aches and my eyes. I just feel miserable all the time. I don't talk to my family about it. I don't really have any friends to talk to about this. I do work full time but I can't afford to move out on what I earn. My friends I used to go to school with I never hear from anymore and they are all married and have children now. I won't to talk to someone about the way I am feeling I have looked up numbers to talk to someone. I don't want to take medication
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 12 months ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this very sad and frustrating situation.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You are a very young adult, and I know you obvious feel it has been too long already undergoing these health problems, loneliness and frustration not only around your personal life, but career wise and socially too.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

If I understood you well, you have already been evaluated by different medical doctors, specialist for your health symptoms, including the headaches, feeling sick and dizzy, exhausted and not being able to have a good a sleep at night, and that regardless of these assessments and testing they have not found any medical condition that could be causing or deepening these physical symptoms, no hormonal problems nor neurological conditions justifying them, right?

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

But you also sound like being depressed, since your story reflects sadness, isolation, not wanting to bother people about what you feel, not having an open nor close communication with your own family, feeling unmotivated, hopeless and helpless. I'd say that depression could easily lead a person to feel this down and could affect your physical body to the point of presenting all the symptoms you have reported and more. You have already taken necessary steps to make sure your physical health is not at the core of these symptoms-problems, but it is obvious your mental and emotional health have been suffering for long, and it seems you have not looked nor received any treatment for them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Mental health disorders like depression could be as tough or even harder than medical health problems-disorders. It can actually take away your energy, hope, motivation and everything necessary to be effectively productive, to function well, to tale good care of basic needs, and specially to enjoy your life at every level, to truly experience meaning and fulfillment day by day, even when facing challenges and life issues, which are natural aspects of life, but which not necessarily mean we would get depressed or suffer of other mental health problems because of them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

We all get depressed at different points in our lives, but when it remains the same or get worse for too long, then it is a serious situation, becomes a real disorder and professional therapeutic support is necessary to rehabilitate from it. You describe how you have nobody to talk too, that even when you live with your family, you do not talk with them about it, and this shows how poor your communication and family intimacy has been for all this long. This so limited family situation could be tough enough to lead a person to develop depression, anxiety disorders, and it's most times related to low self-esteem issues, poor coping skills, and problems around the personsense of self-worthieness

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Medication is an option when we talk about mental health disorders, but it is not something everybody must use in order to get well. Psychiatric drug do not have the power to heal nor to rehabilitate a person from depression, anxiety or any other mental health disorder, but they can some times help to manage or control some symptoms. the problem is that there is so much we still unknown about these powerful drugs but we know a bout the multiple risks and concrete disorder they could cause or worsen, plus their side effects at multiple levels, and that's why it is always necessary to carefully assess their pros and cons, after getting well informed about them, before trying them.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

There are situations where they could be very necessary like with psychotic disorders, or when people undergo serious crisis or present risky - violent behaviors. But if that is not the case, it's always better to carefully assess your options with the right information and support.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

On the other hand, psychological treatment or psychotherapy is the only well-known official treatment for people to work on their rehabilitation process. It is not easy for sure, but necessary and worthy,and the sooner you start, the better your chances to feel better and to make effective chances and improvements in your life.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Rafael M.T.Therapist says:
12:52 PM
12:54 PM
12:55 PM
12:59 PM
1:04 PM
1:08 PM
1:23 PM
We all get depressed at different points in our lives, but when it remains the same or get worse for too long, then it is a serious situation, becomes a real disorder and professional therapeutic support is necessary to rehabilitate from it. You describe how you have nobody to talk too, that even when you live with your family, you do not talk with them about it, and this shows how poor your communication and family intimacy has been for all this long. This so limited family situation could be tough enough to lead a person to develop depression, anxiety disorders, and it's most times related to low self-esteem issues, poor coping skills, and problems around the person sense of self-worthiness
1:27 PM
1:29 PM
1:31 PM
1:31 PM
Does it make sense?