Elliott, LPCC, NCC
Elliott, LPCC, NCC, Psychotherapist
Experience:  35 years of experience as a Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a college professor.
40019946

I am a gay man, 53, with a partner of 21 years. I have some

I am a gay man, 53, with a partner of 21 years. I have some sex issues that I'd like to talk to a therapist about. I would prefer to work with a gay therapist because I think it would be more comfortable for me and he would be able to relate to my situation. I live downtown Chicago.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Seeking expert counseling is a sign of strength. A personal relationship with a caring professional is proven clinically effective.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I believe that I can help you. I am not gay but grew up in NYC in a family with gay members, have gay friends, employed gay people when I had a business, and have gay clients.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I do not know of any gay therapists on JustAnswer but I would be qualified and very happy to help you out. If you would rather not talk to me then I shall happily opt out and let you see if there is anyone else with whom you can chat.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer:

I'm not looking to do counseling sessions online. Sorry if that is how I presented it. I'm trying to figure out what resource to use to find a local therapist. I have found some online resources such as sextherapy.com that list therapists by state, but that is a crap shoot. When I was in my 20's I was having difficulty because I was again dealing in my head with some issues from my brother molesting me (and my sister.) I found a practice where they interviewed me first and then assigned a therapist (I don't remember if he was a psychiatrist or what) and it worked out very well. I saw him for maybe 2 years and felt I was done with therapy. I don't really think about my brother anymore, that's not the issue. My issue is a combination of sensitivity and frustration, and the more time went on the more frustrated I got and just gave up. I can't ejaculate while having sex, only when masturbating. My partner has been patient for 21 years but I know it frustrates the hell out of him. We have great sex otherwise. I don't know if there is a drug to increase sensativity but obviously there is more to it than just that. I believe I need face-to-face counseling.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dear friend,

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Thank you for being patient.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

If you give me your city and state I can make some recommendations.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Also, please let me know if you are taking medications.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

When I get your replies I will give you some helpful contact information that will suit your needs.

Customer:

Chicago, IL. My only medication lis Lansoprazole 30MG capsule once daily. Thanks for your help.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Good afternoon.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I will get some information for you in a few minutes.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

From your medication I assume that you have some kind of gastric distress, possibly GERD.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

GERD and similar disorders are often associated with sexual abuse and it may be useful for you to make that connection if you have not already done so.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Your ejaculatory problems may also stem from the sexual trauma you resulted as a child.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Let me give you some contacts in Chicago:

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.aasect.org/viewlisting.asp?ID=23

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.aasect.org/viewlisting.asp?ID=988

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

http://www.aasect.org/viewlisting.asp?ID=990

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

and

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Dr. Gregory Michael Sarlo, PsyD

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Psychological Consultations
2835 N Sheffiled
404
Chicago, Illinois 60657
(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

He is an advocate within Chicago's GLBTQ community

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

I trust this is the information that you are seeking.

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Warm regards

Elliott, LPCC, NCC :

Elliott, MAE, LPCC, NCC, CCMHC

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the information I was looking for. I will contact one or more and make a decision on whom to see.

Thank you so much, Michael. I shall keep you in my prayers.

Warm regards,

Elliott