Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

i escort- why cant i stop having unsafe sex with my client

i escort- why cant i stop having unsafe sex with my clients?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 1 year ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know about this concerning situation.

Customer:

i keep putting everyone in danger. but i like making moneyh

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

For how long have you had this problem?

Customer:

sometimes i am able to control myself but a lot of times i let my urges get the best of me.

Customer:

i was doing well with the occasional slip up- now i am very sloppy.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

That could be caused because yu have developed a compulsive pattern about it.

Customer:

what does that mean exactly pls

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This could be what s known as sex and love addiction

Customer:

oh- i would def agree that i feel somewhat addicted to it.

Customer:

also the $

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You find yourself trapped into doing soemthing you know it is risky or unhealthy but you cannot stop

Customer:

i have an interview tomorrow at a bar, going to at least do one shift a week but im not sure if ill ever fully give up my current habits

Customer:

so HOW do I stop........

Customer:

usually i do better if i take a longer break. go back to dancing or whatever..

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

It's very concerning and sad, because you self-sabotage while, as you said, expose these people to getting serious sexual related health problems.

Customer:

not enough $ to keep me going on S&M alone..

Customer:

maybe for a bit but not long..

Customer:

yeah. not sure what to do.

Customer:

i was supposed to go to bar tending school last wk but i skipped it :(

Customer:

hopefully going to try again if my interview goes well- but i am terrified to work 8h in a row again lol sad eh

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is not just an habit since you do make your living through this, then it should be addressed as a serious problem, as an addiction, and for that you would need psychological treatment otherwise it would get worse.

Customer:

can u recommend someone privately through email based on my location

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You should be terrified by the real and serious consequences from perpetuating this addiction-s. On the other hand getting a healthy job, would not harm you but ensure you make a living and stay healthy and safe.

Customer:

easier said than done.

Customer:

are u able to reccomend someone

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Absolutely, everything that is healthy and worthy requires hard work and full accountability, while what uses to be dysfunctional and destructive, uses to be the easiest approach too.

Customer:

i know i need to quit or work at a spa where extras are prohibited... somethings gotta give but i have no friends to push me in the right direction.. this is the easy way out for now. its tough to get out of the rut

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

This is why you need individual and group therapy, or at least individual psychotherapy, ;us a support group and help from s healthy support system.

Customer:

hearing it from a therepist does help tho.

Customer:

ok i will look up individual therapy. any other advice b4 i go. i am trying not to work tonight but the $ is so easy and i enjoy it even tho it is unsafe.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You need and deserve to take good care of yourself, to feel happy and fulfilled with your life, to rehabilitate from these addictions, and for that professional psychotherapy support is essential. Please set your health and well-being as number one priorities in your life.

Customer:

:) thx.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Remind yourself that any time you could get a disease that could literally kill you, or just ruin your life, and that's something you do not want to afford, since no money nor effort would be able to help you to get healthy again.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You could find an abusive person who could harm you even more, this is nothing safe, you do not deserve to expose yourself to be used or abused by anybody. Please look for professional support .

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Locally you should be able to find referrals, but here you have an online professional directory you could check too: http://www.theravive.com/therapist-finder/therapy-by-state.aspx

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

http://www.bellwood.ca/problematic-sexual-behaviour/
http://www.canadadrugrehab.ca/Sex-Addiction-Treatment.html
F
or support groups: http://saa-recovery.org/Meetings/Canada/ I hope this helps. Please do not delay getting treatment as soon as possible, this is very important, rehabilitation is not easy, it is tough, but necessary and absolutely worthy, since it'd give back your power to build your life in healthy and fulfilling ways, to truly enjoy it.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Please feel free to contact me as necessary since I am willing to support you. Thanks for trusting me.

Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience: MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach