Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Psychotherapist
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach
65591635

I am suffering from OCD and sleep problems since around 10

Customer Question

I am suffering from OCD and sleep problems since around 10 years. This has become worse now. I cannot control my thoughts and cannot concentrate. Please help me cope. I want to get sound sleep and think under control. Else, I don't suffer from any other problems. Yes, I went through a traumatic situation some time back. But, now things are ok. Please help me cope with OCD and sleep problems effectively.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Rafael M.T.Therapist replied 11 months ago.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Hello, I am Rafael. Thanks for asking your question - I'm here to support you. (Information posted here is not private or confidential but public).

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I am very sorry to know you have been suffering for this long of sleep problems and OCD, and to know you experienced trauma in the past. I am glad to know this traumatic even is part of your past and that you do not appear to have any serious problems in the present besides of the insomnia and OCD.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

I want to say that insomnia itself for 10+ years is a serious heal problem, a chronic one in your case, and if you have tried to change it by yourself for the past 10 years without finding a solution, then it is obvious this is not a superficial problem but a serious condition requiring medical treatment.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

In the same way, OCD is a serious mental health disorder, and enduring it for more than 10 years is overwhelming for most people. Time could only worse these disorders if the person does not receive necessary treatment. OCD implies very high levels of anxiety, undermining insight, mood and functioning, relationships and life as a whole. If insomnia this severe is added, then these disorders fuel each other making them worse, since no good mental health is possible without adequate sleep, and with poor rest most people would develop anxiety problems and many other psychological disorders.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

You acknowledged that your disorders are getting worse and you need a solution, and this is why I seriously invite you not to delay getting necessary medical and psychological treatment for them as soon as possible. The same way we all need to get medical treatment when getting a physical disorder, from flue to a broken bone, to skin problems and cancer, we all need and deserve to get psychological treatment for mental disorders undermining our quality of life, mood, functioning, relationships and well-being. Avoiding it would only worsen our situation,and that's something you do not need nor deserve at all.

Rafael M.T.Therapist :

Does it make sense?

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Rafael M.T.Therapist says:
9/14/13 4:35 PM
9/14/13 4:39 PM
9/14/13 4:46 PM
9/14/13 4:50 PM
9/14/13 4:54 PM
9/14/13 4:55 PM
Does it make sense?