Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

For DoctorZ: hi Dr Z i just have a quick ? am not sure wht

Customer Question

For DoctorZ: hi Dr Z i just have a quick ? am not sure wht to do right an kinda panicing,,i am havin alot of pain which i have been havin but now i am worried, i dont know if this is normal or do i need to see a dr right now? i dont want to and already had exam ofcoourse when 1st happened but still hurting, Lauren
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Z. :

Hello Lauren

Dr. Z. :

I am so sorry that you are having pain, can you describe it to me and for how long you have been having this pain for?

Customer :

since it happend but now different, an its been for sev days, it feels just sort of like , i dont know like a pain thats not sharp alhtough sometimes it is, mostly its jus constant in that area not a specific place exactly, i'm sorry i'm not doin a good job explaining to you

Dr. Z. :

Its okay, I think you are describing a dull pain. Most likely it is a result from the trauma and your body is still healing, but it does not hurt to get a physical check up to make sure you are healing correctly. Also the symptoms of PTSD make you more sensitive to the trauma, so that is why you are more focused on it.

Dr. Z. :

I understand that a check up in that area can be uncomfortable especially with what you went through, but you can ask for a female physician or for a female nurse to be present. It is better to be safe than sorry when your body is concerned.

Customer :

i would hve to go to like urgent care now do u think i should , i dont want to but at the same time i'm feeling scared right now tht somethin is wrong

Dr. Z. :

I am not a medical doctor, so I think if you are feeling pain that is concerning to you, I think you should go to urgent care. Most likely it is bruising and abrasions healing, but because you are concerned, going to urgent care and getting an evaluation can put your mind at ease that you are okay phyiscally.

Customer :

i will do that then, it maybe is just in my head tho i don't know and if thats the case i'm feeling really crazy too

Dr. Z. :

It is possible. You probably are feeling the pain, but your anxiety over this trauma makes you more sensitive to it and therefore your are noticing it more. So I think you should go to urgent care to at least help put your mind at ease regarding this.

Dr. Z. :

You can go to urgent care right now and leave this chat open for when you get back, so we can process it and talk about other things as well. I do not want you to spend all this money for such a short conversation :)

Customer :

ok how do i do that ? i dont mind payin u again tho honestly u have been helping me so much, ok i will go to urgent care u r right i need to put my mind to ease

Dr. Z. :

Its not worries, I am not in it for the money, I just want to help you and be fair. You can click on the X on the top right screen or press Save and Exit. Then when you log into JustAnswer again tonight, the chat will still be there for you

Customer :

ok i will c u later then :)

Dr. Z. :

See you later, hope everything goes well at Urgent care.